Wednesday, January 20, 2010

San Francisco



It was so fun to go on vacation! This was our first vacation as our own little family. It was so rainy, but was so worth it. When we first got there we just decided to walk around and see what was around our hotel. I didn't realize that I had booked our hotel right next to Union Square. Union Square is full of shopping stores. It was so cool! We saw all sorts of things.. homeless people, a drug dealing, cops everywhere. I can't believe how sheltered we are here in Utah. The next day we woke up to it raining. That didn't stop us. I had bought Addi and stroller cover and I'm so glad I did. It was a life saver. Not only did it keep her warm, but it kept her dry. We went to this museum that had King Tut things in it and I'm not going to lie it was pretty lame. We then went over to Golden Gate Bridge and that was really neat to see. It is so big! After that we went down to Fisherman's Warf. That was a neat place too. We had some of the BEST clam chowder I've ever had. We then mad the treck up to Lombard street. We had to climb some pretty steep hills to get there, but it was so worth it. The street is soo curvy and I can't imagine driving down it.
2nd day we woke up to even worse rain.. but that didn't stop us. We were soaked by the time we got to Alcatraz. Alcatraz was a neat place because it was such an old building. After we got back from there we decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel to dry off.

The day we were suppose to leave it was raining again. Because of the weather our flight got delayed and delayed... We were suppose to leave at 12:51, that got delayed till 2:15, then 2:45. Finally the plane got there, we boarded and then we sat on the plane for over and hour! Oh my goodness it was annoying. We didn't get into Salt Lake until 8. It made for a really long day, but it was such a fun trip.

We were getting pretty crazy waiting in
an airport for 5 hours.
View of San Fran from Alcatraz.


Our wet feet.
Our first cable car ride.
Heading on our treck!
Lumbard street

("Herbert" hotel)

4 comments:

Ben and Marcie said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! I really want to go to San Francisco one of these days! Sorry it rained on you the whole time, but it doesn't look like it slowed you down much.

JWPhillips said...

Addi's stroller is awesome! I have never seen plastic covers over them. That is so cool! I would love to go see Alcatraz. You guys are such a cute family.

Kayla said...

I am still so jealous that you guys went to San Francisco! It looks like you guys had so much fun! Good idea with the stroller cover! Looks like Addi enjoyed it as well!!

The Millers said...

I cant believe she will be one next month! Holy cow! Looks like you had a wet but fun vacation.