Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 14

Scripture: Luke 10: 38-42

Journey: Remember who you are. What are you best at? What gift can you offer? How can that gift bring more joy to the people around you? Choose to give the better part today. Find one way that you can use your gift to serve someone else's need.

In this chapter of the book the author gives a great quote by President Hinckley. "Thank you for being the kind of people you are and doing the things yo do. May the blessings of heaven rest upon you. May your prayers be answered and your hopes and dreams become realities... You are doing the best you can, and that best results in good to yourself and to others. Do not nag yourself with a sense of failure. Get on your knees and ask for the blessings of the Lord; then stand on your feet and do what you are asked to do. then leave the matter in the hands of the Lord. You will discover that you have accomplished something beyond price. You may never know how much good you accomplish. Someone's life will be blessed because of your effort."
I know that I am probably the hardest person on myself. I don't feel like my talents are as good as someone else's. I'm not a sewer, or a crafty girl. But I can cook, and I can listen to others. I can keep my house clean most days. I truly love little children. I always have and I have always wanted a profession that I could work with them. I think I got the best profession I could ask for and that is being a mom. Yesterday, I got the opportunity to go over to a good friend's house. She is 8 months pregnant and little things like sweeping the floor are getting to be a little bit more challenging. I swept her floor yesterday, and it was nice to see that she appreciated my help. It feels good when you serve others, but sometimes I think that my talent of listening to others isn't always considered a service. Sometimes all people need to do is vent about something to someone. I need to make sure that they know that I care about them and want them to be happy.

No comments: