Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 2

Scripture: John 13: 4-15

Journey: As you go through this day, find ways that you can bring honor to Christ's name by letting the walk of your life exemplify Him. On this day, try to remember Him always.
This twenty-one day journey will introduce different names of the Savior. Take a moment each day to reflect on how each name describes a way that He blesses your life.


Today I am going to strive to have a day of service. Every act I do today I'm going to count as service. We are always doing an act of service for our families, but I don't think we always look back and consider it a service. Sometimes you just feel like it just always has to be done. Like laundry, or picking up the house. When in reality you get the opportunity to serve them by doing those things. It is a service to do someone else's laundry right? haha

The name I chose to reflect today was Brother. Jesus is our brother and I don't think I ponder that name enough. I know my own little brother would do anything to protect me or try to keep me out of harms way, so why wouldn't my elder Brother Jesus Christ want the same for me? I think He more than my own brother wants me to be happy and safe. He is always there to look out for me and help me along the way. I forget that He is there because I don't have the physical being standing there in front me like I do my own brother. I need to be better at realizing that He is always around me.

No comments: