Journey: Do you have a written copy of your testimony of Christ? Take time to write one today. You might want to include your belief in Him, your gratitude for Him, or an experience that has strengthened your testimony of Him.
I know my Savior loves me. I'm grateful that he chose to come down and be my Redeemer for my sins. I know I am not perfect, but that I have a perfect example to follow. I'm grateful for the scriptures that tell stories of His example. The gift of free agency is so important and I'm grateful that I have chosen to follow Him. I want to strive every day to think, act, and be more like him. I know if I do this then I will be able to return to see him again one day. I know the Holy Ghost can testify of His great love for us. I know I could go on and on about what Jesus Christ means to me. I love Him and I know I will see him again someday.
I had an experience one time where I really felt His perfect example. I got a speeding ticket and the cop wrote it for higher than I was actually going. I was a little mad, but I knew that I couldn't do anything about it, which made me ever more mad. I was sitting in my room stewing over this when I got this distinct impression. Jesus Christ hadn't done anything wrong, but yet He was killed. I just started to cry because someone that was totally innocent had to die. After I thought about this, I decided that I had nothing to be mad about. I've tried to remember this whenever I get offended or mad at something. Jesus did not try to justify Himself or try to persuaded their decision. He knew He had to die for us. If He could do that, then I can learn how to forgive others.
1 comment:
So I forget to check your blog now that it is private! I am catching up...
Wow, I never thought of the Atonement like that. I definitely can be a stubborn and prideful person, it unfortunately seems to be my nature. How often do I justify myself, or complain, or feel like I am being picked on...
Definitely made me think. Thanks.
Post a Comment