Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 5

Scripture: John 4:1-42

Journey: Prepare to receive a simple learning moment as you go through your day. Let your search be constant. Try to discover, "in every hour" some heavenly blessing that will bring you closer to Christ.


It is only about 10:30 so my day has just begun. I hope that I can find thing throughout the day that are a blessing and can teach me something. This morning I cleaned my sinks, and shower. I pondered to see if doing something like cleaning showers could bring me closer to Christ. I think it can.. "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" Having a clean home makes me feel like I have contributed to my family since I do not have a full-time job working outside the home. I don't feel stressed when I walk into my home. Yes, I do have those days where things are a bit unorganized, but as a whole I try to keep things in there place. Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion. [D&C 132:8]. We have been told that having a clean home invites the spirit. I hope when people come to my home that they can feel welcome and can feel of the spirit that dwells here. I am grateful that we can have a home of our own and can enjoy each other here.

1 comment:

Jelena said...

Man...I'm wishing I went to Enrichment with you! This sounds like a neat thing, being able to take time out for you each day, even if it is a minute or two, to reflect on your testimony, or work to build it.