Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trying to be a better susie homemaker

Precursor * I LOVE Pinterest!!!!


I have found so many great recipes on Pinterest. I haven't made one that we haven't liked yet. I still have some I need to try, but I love that I am not getting tried of cooking the same ol thing. Some may not know, but if I could be anything I wanted to I would love to learn how to cook. Like really cook. How to use my pallet and just know what tastes good together. Cooking is an out for me and I really do hate it when dinners don't turn out. I made a chicken noodle soup (from Pinterest) and I got so bummed because my noodles turned mushy.

Today I tried a Blender Salsa. Way easy and way yummy. But it does leave an after taste (as most salsa does).

I also tried Amish bread. It was my first solo flight on making bread from scratch. I've made it with friends, in the bread machine, I've made rolls and pizza dough, and of course I've made banana and zucchini bread. I think I have just been intimidated. There is so much down time. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting for it to rise. Then you hear of the stories where the dough didn't rise, or the bread was too dense, or too doughy. So since I don't like cooking failures, I just haven't tried. Ty LOVES homemade bread and begs me to make it. I tell him to make it himself. Won't he be surprised that I actually did it?



Addi says, "mmm. it's delicious."
Then in the next breath. "Whoa, too hot"  



2 comments:

Erin said...

I am seriously addicted to trying new recipes too!! It's so fun! I've been printing them off to put in a recipe binder. I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

JWPhillips said...

That bread looks amazing!