Tuesday, March 6, 2012

LIfe.

I have been in a blogging slump. I take pictures of the kids, but yet nothing really eventful to blog about. They are still cute as ever, but at the same time I sometimes feel my sanity slowly slipping away. I figured I'd just do a little recap of what has been going on in the Jensen household as of lately. This may be a boring post, but yet some things I want to remember in the future.

Parker:

This little man will be 6 months in a few days. I can't believe how fast it has gone. He is a happy little guy. He and I just got over the stomach flu. Everyone thought he was teething, but he just seemed plain miserable rather than hurting. He is still not sleeping through the night. He will do good at waking once or twice and we just have to walk in and roll him to his side. But then he will get on a kick where he will wake up four or five times at about every 20 minutes. It gets kind of old. I don't know if I should just let him cry it out, or just keep trying to make him comfortable. We have a routine down and he will go to sleep just fine, it's just he wakes up. The joys of sleep training. He has started to fake cough to get attention. It's cute.


Addilynn:

She still knows how to push my buttons sometimes. She is in a needy stage. Where I have to help her with anything and everything. We have quite a few melt downs a day. Hopefully she will figure it out soon. She is pretty close to being 100% potty trained. She has woken up dry in the mornings for the past few days. She is in love with Buzz Lightyear. Since her birthday she has to have him every where with her. The other day she even got Buzz pj's, and a Buzz back pack. She had to have them all on at the same time. Heaven for bid she like barbies ha ha. She still isn't a fan of Parker. She doesn't pay much attention to him, doesn't like him touching her, rarely gives him a kiss. Hopefully someday she will love her brother. I think she does, but just doesn't know how to handle him. I get the "Mom!!! Parker crying!" She is getting her speech tested this Friday to see if she qualifies for a speech class in a pre-school. She has come a long way in just a few months, but she is still kind of limited in her words. We will see how it goes. I can't believe she is old enough to possibly think about pre-school. She loves, loves to sing. She is starting to copy the intro songs to all of her shows and singing right along with them.


Tyzack:

Swimming is over for the season, but concrete is going to be starting really soon. He has already gotten calls for bids. He just got back from a 5 day dudes trip to Vegas. He said he had fun, but yet he was ready to come home after about day 2. He has been going to swim about 5:30 most mornings and then going to work. I don't know how he does it. He definitely lives to to be busy. He says he doesn't like it, but I don't think he would know how to function if it were any different. He really liking his job and he is doing really great things. We got to a store and he always see's someone he knows. He is such a people person. At first I had a hard time with him knowing everyone, but he has brought me out of my shell and now I am able to say hi to strangers. He just got released from his calling as ward clerk. He had been the clerk for 3 years and he was ready to be released. He says that he will never get called as bishop because he hates meetings. I tell him to watch what he says.


Chelsie:

I am doing the mommy thing day in and day out. You know the routine.. laundry, cleaning up, making bottles,  snacks, lunch, dinner, changing diapers, repeat. I just got  put in as the Primary President in our ward (hence Ty getting released). I have been in the Primary ever since we moved into the ward. Which will be 4 years in August. I have been in 2 presidencies since and now I am there for a little while longer. I was really overwhelmed at first and still am, but yet I know I have great counselors and also a loving Father in Heaven that is helping me. I am ready for spring to come. I am ready for walks outside, bike rides, and also playing at the park. I think that will help all of us keep our sanity a little bit better. I am going to Boston with my mom and sister in about a month. I will be gone for 5 days and I'm a little nervous to see how everyone will be. I'm sure they will be fine, but Ty has never been alone with the kids for that long. Hopefully the house is still standing when I get home.




3 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats on the calling girl! You will do amazing! I'm sure you will have many blessings come your way! And, Boston!! That sounds like so much fun! What are ya going for? It's Bo and my dream to move to Boston :) You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back! Miss you girl!!

Courtney & Cameron said...

Congrats on your calling!!! I'm sure you will be pretty busy but I know you and your family will recieve blessings for taking this calling. I'm totally in the same boat with you as far as keeping my sanity. The last few weeks have been very emotional for me :( but hopefully it will end soon. Like you said hopefully Spring will come soon so we can get our kids outside. Your an amazing mom and your family is so lucky to have you to take care of them.
Have a wonderful week Chels.

The Normans said...

That's exciting that you get to go to Boston! Can I come along? Maybe Ty and Derrick can babysit together! :)