Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend

We had a fun Easter weekend even though the weather was not so great. On Saturday we went out to Bruff and did a little lunch with some of the Massey family. It was so windy that we stayed in the 2 trailers that were there. We usually do a little easter egg hunt after lunch every year, but since it was so windy guess what we did? We ended up just putting candy all over in one of the camp trailers. There was only 6 little kids there so we figured it would work alright. It did and all the kids got a bag full of candy.


She loved all the plastic eggs. She also got some chocolate.
She loves to eat chocolate.



When we were coloring eggs, Addi found on and started
gnawing on it. Luckily it didn't crack on her.


On Sunday it was nice to just relax and spend some time with family and watch conference. The Easter bunny made it to our house and brought Addi a little spring outfit, the movie Princess and the Frog, and then a book about the first Easter. I wanted Addi to know about why we have Easter and so I found this super cute book. We told her about Jesus and it was so cute because she can mimic the tone of "Jesus" and it sounded like she would say it.






She didn't care about her presents.
She went straight for the candy.


Her cute Easter outfit!

I noticed that alot of the talks in conference were about parenting and making sure we teach our children the gospel. I know Addi is only little, but I know she is the one in the family that is closest to our Heavenly Father right now. I want her to remember and always know that Heavenly Father and Jesus love her. We also got her a little book of The Book of Mormon stories. I'm going to try and read her a little story every day. I love how conference is alot like New Years. You always come away from conference making new resolutions.


I hope everyone else had a great Easter weekend :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

it looks like you had such a cute little easter. Addi is so adorable! Her easter gifts are so cute! You're such a good mommy!