Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Surprise!

I have never been good at keeping exciting secrets. I always get too excited and want to share it with everyone. Well I had a good surprise for Ty's birthday. I did so awesome and not slipping and telling him. He knew we were going to Salt Lake, but he didn't know much more. I made him promise me that he wouldn't look on the credit card because I had to buy our surprise upfront. I asked him every day if he had looked and he said that he hadn't. I'm so glad that he didn't!

We left Addi with my mom. Which was our first time leaving her over night. I must admit I teared up a little bit when we left. Just because I knew I'd miss her. But of course she did great! I'm so grateful that we have family close that we are able to do things like that. We were pretty excited to see her when we got back though. Anyways... we got out to SLC and we made it to the temple. It was so great to be there and enjoy the great spirit that is there. Then we went to Tucano's for dinner. OHHH it was so yummy, and we got soooo full. Then it was off to see the surprise.....



He is getting sang to

He thought we were staying at Little America. Which we have stayed there quite a few times. Whenever we go there, he always says "Let's walk across the street and look at the Grand". I always say no. So my plans worked out great! I was hoping it would work out this way and by golly it did. We pull up to Little America, and sure enough he says, "Let's walk across the street and look at the Grand". I said alright let's go. We walk over there and we walk into the front doors. I walk straight to the registration place, and Ty's looking at me like "What are you doing?" (having him tell the story is so much better, but you'll get the picture). I tell the guy at the front desk that we have a reservation for Herbert Jensen and Ty is still looking at me like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Then it clicked.. he says out loud, "ARE WE STAYING HERE?" I just nodded my head. He got this super big grin on his face and got all giddy. The front desk guy asked if we wanted to upgrade for $20 and of course Ty wanted to. He then asked if he would get us as high as he could. Sure enough we got a room pretty high up. Grand America is 24 stories and we were on level 22.





Ty had a perma-grin for most of the night and just kept saying, "I can't believe we are staying here." He was definitely surprised. He said it was one of his best birthdays.




I just wanted to give Ty something that I knew he would truly enjoy. He is such a great husband and dad to us and I wanted to make it extra special. We love our dad so much.



6 comments:

JWPhillips said...

I am totally jealous! When we lived in Vernal and would come out stay at Little America we always would walk over to the Grand, it is amazing! I bet he won't ever forget staying there. I can only imagine Ty's face when you were checking in!
I love going to the Temple out here. The Salt Lake is my favorite for many reasons. It is always such a peaceful place to attend. Good job on keeping such a great secret!

Unknown said...

that is so cute how excited he got!!! You're such a good wifey! Happy Birthday Herbert!

Journey of the Davies said...

I am with you chelsie I can't keep secrets. I am glad he was surprised and loved it. Sounds like a lot of fun. Tell Ty Happy Late Birthday.

Ben and Marcie said...

You are such a great wife! It looks like he was TRULY enjoying every minute of it! Tell him Happy Birthday from me too.

Kassi Luck said...

How cute you are and how fun for you guys to have a little get away!! I am glad you had a great time!!

Kayla said...

Ahh this just makes me sooo happy! I wanna hear about it in person! I wanna her Ty tell the story too haha! I'm jealous that you went to Tucono's! Best place ever! I'm so glad it all worked out! That's so exciting!