Friday, August 5, 2011

What we do on the weekends

I know I have been a slacker at blogging, but I guess I just don't feel like I have a lot to blog about lately. We have been doing things, but nothing to out of the ordinary. I have definitely been nesting the past week or two trying to get things ready for baby boy to join us. I hoping that he still stays in there a little longer though. But I do have something I want to blog about.

YARD SALES!!!

I love them! I love the deals you can get. I have gotten most of baby boy's clothes from yard sales. I didn't really want to have to spend a gob on getting him a whole new wardrobe. I have gotten a good amount of clothes in every size clear up to 12 months. . I have probably only spent $30-$40 on all those clothes. One yard sale I went to they were selling baby clothes for 25 cents. I picked out 2 bags of clothes and even a winter jack all for $3. I was stoked. My recent deal I got was on a double stroller. It is a JEEP tandem stroller. It has hardly any wear or tear on it. It has just a little sun damage on the canopy top. Wanna guess how much I got it for? They normally go for at least $200. I got it for... $40. That's right 4-0. I was so excited. The lady I bought it from said that she had only had it for like 6 months and then her kids grew out of it. Some weekends I come home with nothing, but other times I hit the jackpot.  Gotta love those yard sales!!

5 comments:

gledyfam said...

Way to go girl! Those are some awesome deals. I don't go to yard sales a lot, but when I do, I never find anything! Glad somebody is having luck :) And yeah slacker, I check your blog like everyday to see if it's updated. And 9 times out of 10 it's not haha.

Kayla said...

That is freaking awesome! I wish we lived closer! I wanna go with you :) I think I am coming to Vernal soon! I NEED to see you! MIss you girl!

4Battyz said...

I always want to go yard sale'n but never get around to it! i am not sure if i could find awesome deals like that!!

Erin said...

I'm so glad you like yard sales! I've gone since I was in middle school and have always loved it. And it's the perfect place to buy baby and kid's clothes. Awesome deals! Good job!

Kassi Luck said...

That's awesome!!! I love finding me a good deal!!