Spring is near! The first week of April was spring break and we were able to spend part of it in Vegas.
We spent Easter Sunday down in Vegas. Easter was on March 31st. I didn't want to do two separate posts even though it wasn't technically April yet. Addi went to church with her team because they had the afternoon wave. None of them brought dresses but that didn't matter to them. Which it really doesn't matter when you think about the reason you go to church. I am grateful that she has such a great team that has a great influence on her.
We were able to do some activities at the hotel. We made some flowers and then we also were able to do an easter egg hunt at the hotel. Afterwards we headed to watch Addi play more volleyball.
The resort we stayed at was super family friendly. Sadly it was kind of cold weather most of the weekend. Thankfully the day before we left the weather was fantastic and we were finally able to swim. Addi was able to be with us on that day too since volleyball was over. Their team did much better than last year. We didn't take home any medals, but they played some great volleyball.
One of our activities after lunch was watching all the airplanes come into the airport since we were so close to one. The planes were coming in anywhere between 1-2 minutes apart. It was actually a lot of fun to sit at watch. We also went and played board games at the activities center.
After dinner we went over to New York New York so the big kids and dad could ride the roller coaster. While they were doing that me and the littles played at the arcade. They had some fun games to play!
We got back from Vegas on Wednesday to turn around and go to a concert on Friday with the Workman's. They are some of our dear friends that we do not get to see often enough. We bought our Tim McGraw tickets back in November. We decided to get floor seats which we have never done before and it was an absolute blast! Tim McGraw still has it and he put on a great show.
Lyndin still likes to come into our bed in the mornings. Some morning she does and some mornings she doesn't. I am getting very reflective lately and I know all too soon she will be too old to get in bed with us because eventually they all stop coming in. No one but Lyn comes in now.
Addi had a 3 day tournament in SLC the first weekend in April. I really enjoy going to the Salt Palace. The girls played really well and took 5th out of 30 teams.
Lyn and I had a date and went to see Shannon Hales at the library, which Poppy books sponsored her coming. All my girls enjoy Shannon's books. Emmy ended up coming over after dance. Author events are super fun and we love getting our books signed.
Once again, I know these little pictures will soon go away.
Grief is a not fun thing. You are going along in life and then bam something makes you very sad and reality hits that they are no longer around. This memory popped up on Facebook. It instantly brought tears to my eyes. The quote means more to me today. I shared this post and added that grief is a backpack that you can never put down and sometimes it's light and sometimes it's heavy. You never know what emotion is going to show up and each day is so different. 6 years ago I never knew that this quote would hit me differently than it did that day. I do love my brother and sister.
Later that same week we went to another author event and Lyn brought a friend with her.
I FINALLY got to meet Madi! It was a quick trip out to take my dad to a neurologist. She is so tiny and cute. I loved being able to spend some time with my family. It was an out and back trip,
My steal of a deal is the whole set of Harry Potter series. Hard back all first print US edition. Some of them were really worn, but I fixed them up as best as I could. I got all of them for $25!
Addi had a killer track meet. Sadly, it was just a region meet and not a state qualifying meet. She had PR's in all her events and took first in all her events. She is a natural athlete!
Message from her coach on their group chat!
Mom and I went to lunch one day. We walked over from her work and we were walking back. I was telling her about a really neat experience I had while in the cemetery. I happened to look down and I saw two coins. I said oh hey bud! I said to mom, which one would you like? Kelden is saying hi. My mom and sis now always look for coins as well.
We celebrated dad's birthday by going to Texas Roadhouse. He got to take a ride on the saddle and everything! Parker was in Vernal with Grandma Shelly celebrating Nan's birthday.
Emmy had her first track meet. She did the javelin throw, the 400 race and the 100 race. She surprised us all with picking the longest race they offered. And guess what?! She took first in the 400! Out of probably 40 other 3rd graders. We were all shocked when we heard her name be called that she won because they didn't do a final race they just did the fastest time. She also took first in her 100 heat, and made it to semi finals in that. She however didn't win that one. She still left the meet feeling super great though!
That same night was her first softball game as well. She definitely slept well that night! I love seeing my kids try new things. We don't expect them to win, but we do expect them to try their hardest.
Another taking in the moment because I can.
These were pictures from when Parker went to Vernal. He had a really great time and he loved playing with Avery. The picture of him hugging her says so much. Made me tear up. I do wish we lived closer.























































No comments:
Post a Comment