Sunday, June 9, 2024

Emery Elizabeth is 9

 We made it back from our trip a few days before Emmy's birthday! We could not have missed that for sure!! She loves her birthdays! She made sure everyone around her knew that her birthday was coming up. She let me know that she wanted pork chops, mashed potatoes and salad for her birthday dinner. She didn't tell me what kind of cake she wanted, but I knew she loves strawberries and cream and so that was her "cake". She also let me know that she was ready to have her ears pierced. We tried to get them done that afternoon, but we kept running into obstacles with piercers not being there. We ended up getting them done the next day. No tears at all! She is the only of our daughters that has chosen to get her ears pierced. Lyn thinks she wants to do it next. We also took her to Target to go birthday shopping. She definitely LOVES to shop! 





This memory popped up on her birthday. Kelden loved his nieces and nephew. He didn't see them often, but he really did love being an uncle. 



I decided to take a trip down memory lane and look at her first pictures. She made a dramatic entrance into the world. The delivery was actually really quick. It was the after math that was dramatic. I was told that she had not one, but two extra fingers. She now has special bumps that make her that much more special. I also lost a lot of blood later that night after I delivered. I look like an absolute ghost. I knew I was pale, but look at pictures that are 24 hours apart really do show how pale I was afterwards.  




Emmy,
Within the last month or so I have seen you grow up so much. You have really learned how to regulate your emotions and have stopped hitting Lynni out of retaliation. You are such a sparkle and light to those around you. You love to be around people. You are an observer and you really do know what is going on around you. You remember the little things about people and really do try to make others feel special. You and I seem to not be butting heads quite as much either. Out of all your siblings I think I need to apologize to you the most. I have not known how to parent you. I know I messed up and I know I have let you down or not given you what you needed. I hope you do know there is always a place for you in our family. I have told you before, but I'm putting it in writing. There is nothing you can ever do that will make me stop loving you. You and I may fight, but that does mean I don't love you. Love is not conditional in our family. Love is always given. Emery Elizabeth, keep growing up to be a strong confident girl. Love you!
Mom


No comments: