Sunday, June 9, 2024

May

 May always is busy busy for us with end of school year wrap up, birthdays, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day. And let's also add Mom and dad begin gone for 10 days in all of that too! 

First weekend in May started off with a tournament. 
First place in a tournament in almost 2 years! It felt great actually! The teams we played weren't as good as the teams we have played in other tournaments. One game we played we over in 22 minutes. 2 sets and all. However it was fun to see them play and win. It was a boost in confidence for them. 



While dad and I were in Europe Addi had Region track. We were sad that we had to miss it because we love supporting our kids in all their things. Addi did a great job! She placed 3rd in long jump, 6th in hurdles, and 2nd in high jump. She won a medal in each event she did. She really excelled in track this year and learned a lot about herself and how to mentally get in the game. We are grateful that Grandma Debbie was able to be there to be her cheerleader. 



How fitting that this memory from Facebook popped up on Mothers day! 



When we got back from Europe, the next day was ward youth conference. The kids came over and played games at our house Friday night and then we woke up Saturday morning to have breakfast then to head to a ropes course. Our youth in our ward truly are amazing. It is so fun to work with them. 









After the ropes course Addi and I headed over to the final of State Track. She had her first day on the day we were coming home from Europe. She placed 10th in hurdles and she took 7th place in high jump. She received a medal in the high jump. It was really neat to see her compete with other girls at a state level as a freshman. Not many freshman can say they qualified in all their events to go to state. She is a talented girl when it comes to athletics. She took 12th place in long jump. 
We also got notice from the coach that she made the top 10 in 2 of her events in Spanish Fork High's record book. She is the newest in the events by like 14 years. 






We had a track banquet that Monday right after state. She lettered in track as well this year. She also received the best newcomer girl award from the coaches. Track is a wonderful atmosphere filled with some great kids. I hope all my kids do track. They don't have to be winning. They just have to keep trying to get their best personal record which I love. 







Last day of school was on May 23rd. The kids were all excited to end. They are sad that they aren't around their friends anymore, but they love that they can stay up late and sleep in. 







We went to lunch with dad and grandma Shelly to celebrate. Lyndin and Grandma jumped in the car and headed to Vernal for Memorial Day. Lyn got to finally meet Madi. 


While they were there they went shopping, played at the park, played at Avery's house, and also got to sleep in a hotel. Dad and Emmy went out on Friday afternoon. Then Parker, Addi, and myself all went out Saturday morning. The rest of the family got to meet Madi then. We love having a little baby in the family. 





At first I was scheduled to work all of Memorial Day weekend because I felt bad asking for more time off because we had just gotten back from Europe after 2 weeks of not working. I woke up Friday feeling very sad because this was going to be the first Memorial Day since Kelden had passed. Memorial Day has always been a big deal in our family. I grew up decorating graves with my grandma and mom and I love that I can share that tradition with my kids and their grandma. 
I was telling my boss this at work that I was sad that I couldn't go out and that I didn't realize I was sad about it until all of my family was there and not me. She said well I can work for you on Saturday if you want to go out. I said that's not why I was telling you my story and she said I know, but if you really want to spend time with family I will work for you. I said a very heartfelt thank you and told my family that I was coming out early Saturday morning. 

Ty took Addi and Emmy riding side by sides all of Saturday and I was able to take Parker and Lynn with me during the day. 

My dad was able to come with us to decorate graves. He was in a good mood and was super helpful. He couldn't remember my mom who was there with us (he thinks she is a friend of ours I think) and when we were at my mom's mom's grave he didn't know who it was. It didn't stop him from helping though. He also has been super fascinated with the clouds and weather. He kept telling us look at these clouds isn't it crazy! Riding in the back of the car is something we did all the time with my grandma Gardner. It is fun to also carry on that tradition. 

A lot of our family is buried in the Vernal Memorial Park. My Grandma Rayma, her mother Zora, her dad Robert. My Grandma and Grandpa Massey, my half brother Brock, and my brother Kelden. 








It was very tender and emotional to be at Kelden's grave. I wanted to break down and cry, but my dad doesn't understand emotions very well with his memory loss and so I had to put a lid on my crying so that I could continue to spend time with dad. The kids were all super happy to be there with Kelden putting flowers, windmills, and night lights up. I also asked Bre if she had any pennies so that we all could put one down for him because of all the pennies we have found. I think this will be our little tradition with him. It's been 6 months since his passing and it is starting to feel really real. It's a different heavy and sad now that it was 6 months ago. It has been almost a year since I have seen my brother in person and 7 months since my communication with him. I know him and I weren't super close, but that doesn't mean I don't love him or miss him. Grief is so crazy. Mom, Bre and I went up later that night and all had our moment of silence with him. I wish I was able to go to his burial spot more often. The cemetery really does hold a place of peace for me. 





We made Saturday just jammed packed. We also got to drop off some graduation gifts for Emily Caldwell and McKenna Tesar. I have seen both of these girls grow up into such beautiful young woman. I can't wait to see what adventures they will go on. 



We ended the day with swimming and pizza at Grandma's hotel. We made the most of our weekend there for sure! 


Emmy had her end of year dance performance on the 28th. She is a natural performer. She loves dancing and is so good at it! I remember my grandma Gardner always coming to me and my sisters dance performances and telling us how amazing we were. I know she was saying up in heaven what an amazing dancer Emmy is too. 























We then had to end the evening with our family getting ice cream of course! 


May was full of so many adventures and memories! I keep thinking time will slow down. I need to stop thinking that way. It is not slowing down at all. I need to be savoring each and every moment. 


No comments: