Sunday, December 31, 2023

End of year wrap up!

 I appreciate the end of year wrap up for our family! 


Dad: 2023 was a year of busy for me.  Zions work was daily and very busy, however AccuRaise was extremely busy with all the snow that we got through the winter.  We haven't had revenues like that since we were in Vernal.  I've enjoyed following each of the kids while they do their things.  We took a trip to Kona Hawaii this year.  That was one of my highlights.  We took all of us and had a blast!!  I began working out at Nebo Crossfit.  That's been fun and challenging.  I bought our first snow Blower.  It's a Honda on tracks.  I made sure that Chelsie could start it too (electric start)!  I've continued to attend therapy.  I'm grateful that we have invested in learning to communicate as a couple.  I see it as a forever blessing for Chelsie and me.  I feel much closer to her than I ever have.  I hope that we can pass the principles that we are learning on to our family.  So helpful!  I was put into primary from nursery.  I took over the 4 years olds class.  It was a quite the experience.  They moved me to the 7 year olds and I love it!

Mom: This was my first full year of working since before I was married. I am grateful for the support the entire family has given me. It has been an adjustment, but all in all I think it has been an alright thing. I had 2 surgeries in 2023. I had my breast augmentation, and then right before Christmas I had an endometrial ablation as well as having my fallopian tubes removed. We are hoping that by having this done that my periods won't be as heavy. We are hoping that 2024 is a surgery free year for me. I read 244 books. It is crazy how many books I go through, but is also so rewarding when at work I get to talk about all the books I have read. Serving in Young Women's has also been very rewarding. I enjoy spending time with the girls. I am still in therapy and I am amazed at the work I have done to improve myself. I am grateful that I chose my mental health and make it a priority. It has changed my life. I loved all the family vacations we went on this year. We saw a lot of new places. Losing my brother was a really hard hit. Grief is an on going process. I am grateful that I believe in what I do. It has brought me so much comfort. 


Addi: She has grown taller this year. We keep thinking she will stop soon, but we aren't sure. It was amazing to see her confidence in herself grow this year. She had her two seizures this year, was really sick after one of them, had another weird sickness in June too. Through it all though, she rarely complained. She is a fighter and it shows through all her actions. It was fun to support her in high school volleyball. She is also on the hope squad at the jr high. She is a friend to everyone! It is crazy to think that in 2024 she will be in high school! 


Parker: He is trying lots of new things this year. He decided to try band in 6th grade, but the decided to try drama instead. He loved drama and even decided to try out for the school play. He decided to go a different direction and sign up for underwater robotics instead. He is still loving to play basketball. He graduated from elementary school and advanced to the middle school. He loves being at the middle school. 2023 was also the year that he received the priesthood. It is so neat to see him passing the sacrament. He is also growing a little taller as well. We keep waiting for his big growth spurt. We understand it may still be a few years off. He still loves to play the switch and be on anything electronic. He loves using his brain to figure out different things in games. 


Emmy: She had a big year as well. She turned 8 and was baptized. She had her dance performance and still loves performing. She also loved playing coach pitch again. She loves being active. She played with friends a lot this summer and has such a big friend group. She is also friends with so many other people. She is our one that loves to be on the go and doesn't want to miss out on anything. She has been learning her multiplication and that is really big for her! She loves reciting them off to us. 


Lynni:

Lyn finished up Kindergarten and then started 1st grade. She is loving her class and her teacher. It is amazing at how much she has learned already. She is becoming quite the reader. She is still doing singing and isn't too keen on starting any sports. She is totally content being the spectator. One big thing that happened this year is that she is tall enough to ride all the rides at Disneyland. That is a big deal! 


I think keeping record of our lives is very important. It is getting harder to do updates because we just seem to always be busy. But when we get our family books and see all the memories we made in a year, it makes writing it all down worth it! 





No comments: