Tuesday, March 9, 2021

February

 Blogger uploaded the pictures in reverse order of how I like my pictures to go. It puts the newest pictures first and the oldest last. Instead of rearranging it, I decided to just go with it. The posts may be a bit confusing because I am not going from the first of the month, but it doesn't really matter as long as I write down the memories. Here we go! 


For February being the shortest month of the year we sure have it packed full of things. Valentines day, Lyndin's birthday, Addi's birthday, Herb's birthday, Volleyball tournament, basketball games on Saturdays, and all the other day to day things we need to do. 

Addi was chosen to be the student of the month for the month of February! We don't get the certificate until the end of february and so technically her picture is up all of March. She got it this time for being honest. She has gotten a student of the month all throughout her years at Canyon Elementary. A perfect way to end her last year at this school. 


While Addi was healing from her oral surgery, she missed a couple days of school. On one of those days there was a fight at recess. Parker came home and was telling us all about it. Boston was the kid that beat up the other boy because the other boy accidentally shoved boston too hard. I guess the story goes that he did apologize but Boston didn't hear it and then started hitting him. Boston was suspended and also the field where it happened was band for a bit as well. Addi went back to school the following Monday and she found that Boston was now in her class. When she came home from school she was drawing this picture. I asked her who it was for and she said it was for Boston because a lot of people were treating him differently because of the fight. She said that a lot of people were turning their back on him. I started to cry and gave her a big hug. I told her what a good heart she has and what a difference this will probably make for Boston. She handed it to him the next day. I hope he understands her genuine love for him. What a good human being she is. 




One Sunday while Julia, Debbie, and Raegen were here because they had been at a volleyball tournament we sat down to have breakfast with them at our house. Emmy was gathering up all the toppings we put on crepes (or flat pancakes as we call them at our house). She pulled out this sugar shaker and it slipped from her hands and broke. Total accident. She started crying and I started crying. 


This sugar shaker had been my Grandma Gardner's. I remember using it as a kid to put sugar on my cereal when we would stay at her house. Or on our cut up strawberries. When our house got broken into up in Sandy that morning I had been thinking about this sugar shaker because I was eating cherrios. It helped confirm to me even more that that day my grandma was with me and watching over me.  I even called my mom and asked her if the sugar shaker was still at Grandma's house. I then asked if I could have it. I don't have too many things from my grandma. The kids also know that it was my grandma's and they have loved using it as well. When it broke Emmy knew that it was a special thing for me. She started crying and I couldn't quit crying either. I was so sad. It made me miss my grandma and it was just a little piece of her that I had with me and now it was broken. I sat down with emmy because she couldn't quit crying and we talked through things. I told her I wasn't mad and that I was just sad. It is ok to be sad and I know what happened was an accident. She calmed down and I calmed down after a little bit as well. 

I jumped on Amazon and ordered me just another random sugar shaker because we do use it a lot. Little did I know that my cute husband knowing how sad I was jumped on Ebay to try and find me another one. He kept the yellow lid for it and then once the new one came he put my lid on it. I started to cry again because he took time to try and restore my memories and happiness. Ironically enough my grandma had this color of sugar shaker at her cabin. He told me that there weren't many on eBay and I told him that probably right because they are probably around 50 years old. So the sugar shaker still lives on. 


Emmy has alway been our creative one. She loves to dance, loves to play pretend, and lately she has loved to craft. She has made cards for her class, the people at Grandma shelly's work, the neighbor kids on the street, and anyone else she thinks may like them. 


Addi had a volleyball tournament the end of February. They were seeded number one, but they did not play super hot. We ended up taking 1st in the silver bracket, but even that was a little hard. Hopefully we can do a bit better in our next tournament. 




Tess made this for Addi because at practice Addi was still so swollen from her surgery. So thoughtful! 



On the 24th at 7:00 am Addi had oral surgery to put bracket/chain on her upper K-9 teeth that were stuck. We have known this was a possibility for the past 2 years. We did all that we could to help them to try to come down, but they were stubborn so we had to go after them. She was super brave and handled going like a champ. She did start to cry when she got the IV because they do hurt! We were in and out of the office in about 90 minutes. She woke up from surgery really emotional. She wouldn't stop crying. Which is normal. We got her home and she was able to sleep off the rest of the anesthesia. She wasn't too sore the rest of the day. We kept up on her medicine really well, and the only side effect was that she looked like she had botox done to her lip because it wouldn't move. 



Mom had a bit of a parental fail because I didn't have her ice on Wednesday. When she woke up Thursday she was SO puffy! I felt so bad! We went to her orthodontist to get her wire put back in and I couldn't help but cry when we were there because she looked so miserable. Thankfully he said we didn't have to put in the wire yet and that we could come back once all the swelling died down. Each morning was when she was the puffiest. By the afternoon it would go down a bit. These pictures are of each morning when she would wake up. By Sunday the swelling had mostly gone away. She was such a trooper and played in a volleyball tournament 3 days post surgery. She had a couple black eyes for a few days too. Now that it is done I hope that they will come in quickly. 


 

The young women heart attacked our door to welcome Addi into young women's. Emmy thought it would be a great idea to heart attack dad's office door down in the basement. 


This girl and her sense of style kills me. She loves to wear dresses and wears one almost every day to school. With it being winter I tell her she needs to wear pants with them. I wanted to capture the moment of style with her. I rarely tell her what or how to wear things. If she feels comfortable in it then that's great. She is also a ham in how she falls asleep. I love taking pictures of her sleeping positions. 




On the 23rd Addi and Lynni had their well child checkups. Lyn had a bite on her neck that Tony had given her on Monday. It was a pretty good puncture wound, but I didn't think anything of it. I put a bandaid on it and off to school she went. When we went to the Dr. he saw it and it still didn't look super great and he asked about it. I told him the story and he asked if I would be ok with putting her on an antibiotic just to be safe. I told him I was fine with that. We gave her her first dose that night and then she went to bed. The next morning we were off with Addi doing her surgery and my mom came down to help get the kids off to school. We got home about 8:30 and my mom was dressing lyn. She says Chels I think she is breaking out. Sure enough her chest, back, face, legs, and feet were all full of a rash. I call their Dr. and he wanted her to come in to make sure that it was a reaction and we could get that on her chart. Sure enough she is allergic to penicillin. Which I am too or was at that age as well. I broke out into a rash as well. Not a fun wednesday for mom. We got some bubbles and she was happy as could be. The rash didn't seem to bother her much either. 



At their appointment on Tuesday, Lyn sat with Addi the entire time. It was the cutest thing. Lyn was a champ at getting her shots and didn't even cry. Lyndin was 33.7 pounds 40%tile and 40 inches 57%tile. Addi was 82 pounds 28%tile and 61.4 inches 74%tile. 


On February 20th was Parker's last basketball game. Grandma debbie, Grandpa Larry, and Grandma Cassi had all come out the night before to go to dinner with us to celebrate Addi's birthday. Parker was so excited to have everyone there to watch him. He scored 3 baskets in a row. After the first basket I yelled out.. I love #13! He had a huge smile on his face. After his second basket I yelled out... That's my little boy out there! He had a big grin on his face and I saw him lean to his team mate and say.. that's my mom. 










These two had so much fun playing with a box. It was a closet, a table, a boat, and I'm sure lots more things too. Lyn also has been having some pretty rough melt downs. I knew she needed a nap and so I went up and snuggled her to help her calm down from crying, soon she was fast asleep. 


This is my friend Jessica. She is the one that invited me to our ward book club when I first moved in. We have always just clicked. Back in July both of us were struggling with lack of contact with the outside world and so we started walking weekly. Sometimes 2 or 3 times. We have continued that little stint of walking once a week. We have not missed a week since July. She has been my saving grace some weeks. Knowing that I just have an out. Supringly enough back in July her husband started getting really sick. She was telling me of all the Dr.'s and test they were doing to try and figure out what was going on. Come to find out it was cancer. I was one of the first people to know what was going on. We have talked that our little walks didn't come into play by accident. We both needed each other during a hard time. That was when I first started going to therapy. We have walked all this winter. Some walks have been super short because of how cold it has been, but we did it! This picture was us taking a walk during a snow storm. We had our snow boots on and everything. I am very grateful that heavenly Father places people into our lives at certain times. 



Addi got her braces on the 16th. She was actually super excited to get them on because she has seen a lot of her friends get them and also she saw me and Ty get them. 



I got mine off and she gets hers on. Dad still has his for a while. 

On Valentine's day we went up and spent the evening with Grandma Shelly. It was on a sunday this year. The girls were doing a show for us and my mom went to go get some of the dress ups me and my sister used when we were little. They thought they were great! We also frosted some sugar cookies! 






Addi and Gavin still like each other. She got him a Valentine's and then he gave her this picture and some candy. So cute! 



Back to Emmy being crafty. She wanted to play hotel. She made numbers for every single door for the upstairs and for the main level. We then would check in and then she would assign us a room. She then would bring us room service. Her imagination kills me sometimes. 



Another sleeping position for her. 


Valentine's day bounty from school! 


Enjoying the sleeping baby. 


My therapist started an instagram account. When I was scrolling through instagram on day I stopped and read her post. I look at Ty and said, She is quoting me! We talked about this. It is a statement I made during one of our sessions because it is something that I truly believe. The way we talk to our children is exactly how they form their inner voice. My kids know I don't get mad and that we talk through things. Our inner voice then creates actions. 


This is at one of Parker's games early in February. It was so fun to see the improvement he made during the season. 


On the 4th I got my braces off!! It has been so nice to not have them on! 


Addi also lost her last baby tooth around the first of the month. That is why it was time for braces because all her baby teeth are gone. This one was a little stuck and dad had to do a little more yanking than normal. She cried a bit. How is my baby so old? 



March has begun as I am writing this post and it looks like March is going to be just as busy! 


No comments: