Wednesday, March 4, 2020

February

February we had more snow storms that we did in January, but we still have had such a mild winter. I mean who learns to ride their bike without her training wheels during February? Well Miss Emmy did. I was told to come outside and when I did I walked out to her riding up and down the rode without her training wheels ons. She wants to know practice any chance she can get. 


And of course we have Addi and Bugs as support too. 


I think this girl could be potty trained, but we are going to Disneyland at the end of the month and I do not want to take a newbie potty trained kid there. So we have been dealing with diapers being pulled off because she said there is pee in it. I snapped this picture to document it. The look on Ty's face is priceless. 


This was a day in February that the school district actually called a snow day. It didn't really snow that bad, but it would have been hard to get everyone to school on time and also it was an early out day and so a delay start wouldn't have worked. So we enjoyed just hanging out at home. 



Ohh my cute boy... he sure knows how to melt my heart. He asked me one night if he could get a special valentine for some one. I told him of course.  A little later on I asked if I was his special valentine. He says.. mom... you are always my special valentine. 

How cute is that? And he was so genuine about it too. So I said stay right there while I take your picture. He then proceeded to tell me that he didn't want to say his special valentine's name out loud and that he would write it down. He has had a little crush on Jade for a really long time. She comes over to play and she is such a cute little girl. But I am glad he knows that I will always be his special valentine. 


Addi's 2nd volleyball tournament on the 8th  ended with them taking 2nd place! They are improving every tournament. It was a good day full of volleyball. 








With volleyball they are long days. As we were heading home Lyn leaned over to parker and snuggles right up to him because she was tired. 


Em and another one of her sleeping spots. At the end of the hall by her door. 


We went into Addi's school to listen to her president's day presentation and her picture was up on the board for being student of the month. Her little boyfriend gavin is in there too. He is the one on the far left. 


Addi learned about Mary Todd Lincoln. For Presidents day they did a little museum and all the students were a first lady or a president. She was so cute! 



We went to lunch with Grandma and Lyn snapped this picture. 


We babysat our friends for an hour. They have a little baby that is 10 months old. Lyn loved having her over. She didn't want to play with her friends she wanted help hold the baby. Too bad she is the baby of the family because she would love to have a little baby around. 



Nana gave us a cookie making kit for valentines day. They were very yummy cookies! 



For Valentines Day, Addi made a panda valentine box. Her little valentine also gave her some pictures he drew. She got Gavin a puppy stuffed animal and a candy bar. Parker also gave his little valentine a puppy stuffed animal and candy. It's cute that they have Valentine's and what's even better is that I know both of their moms and the  kids get together and play. 




On Valentine's day, Bre and Justin came out and we went to dinner and then went to the comedy show. We all then slept over at Grandma's house. It was a fun night full of laughs. 



While there at Grandma's I found my old cheer uniforms from high school. Em was in heaven. This uniform was from my senior year (2005-2006). I wondered if it still fit me and to my surprise it still did! 14 years later and also 4 kids later. Not to shabby for this mom body. 



Addi and I were getting our hair cut and Ty came to get Emmy. He asked my hairdresser if she knew how to wax nose hairs. She said she did and he said he wanted to try it. He was so scared, but at the end of the day he said it didn't hurt and he would do it again. 


Parker started to get sick on February 16th. He stayed home from church just with a slight tickle of a cough. On monday, the kids didn't have school and he was fevering and not feeling so great. We celebrated Addi's birthday that night so all our grandparents besides my dad and cassi. He didn't want to eat dinner and went to bed early. When I went to check on him later he was shaking and fevering so bad. He got in the tub, threw up and then had diarrhea. Tuesday, (which was her birthday) woke up fevering and saying she didn't feel well. Parker was still fevering that afternoon and I decided to take him in to the Dr. to get tested for the flu. He tested positive for influenza B. Since Addi was already starting to fever they went ahead and gave her tamiflu. Emmy woke up wednesday morning fevering and I called in to the Dr. for a prescription for her. I sent Lyndin up to my moms for 3 days so that maybe we could prevent someone getting it. The kids were absent from school all week. It was a rough week. Lyn ended up coming friday, and my mom ended up catching it saturday. I was taking vitamins and whatever I could so I wouldn't get sick. We were leaving for California the next Wednesday. Luckily I didn't catch anything. But Lyn did end up getting croup Sunday night and we took her into the Dr. Monday for a steroid. Ohh man it was a super long week. But everyone was feeling better by the time we left. Lyn was still fevering a bit when we left, but she was fine by the second day we were on vacation. 

I knew Em was sick because she takes naps. She was cold because of her fever and fell asleep on the heater vent. She also took a nap on the rug. 


Parker was still coughing a bit, but wanted to finish up his basketball games. He had a lot of fun and he loved that his dad got to be his coach. 



This was went Lyn wasn't feeling good. She said to me mama I am sick. 


We went on a big group date on the 21st to an escape room. We hadn't ever done one but the smith's had. We ended up making it through in 46 minutes. You try to figure out how to get out of rooms with different clues. I'd definitely like to try doing another one. 



No comments: