October has been a long awaited month for our family. It was Disneyland month. But going on vacation didn't stop us from doing other fun things.
On October 14th, the Jensen women did Witches Night out at Gardner Village. I hadn't been since we have moved from Sandy. We didn't buy anything at any of the shops, but we were more going for the experience and the outing than spending money. We definitely want to make this a yearly thing and next year we want Addi to come with us.
The older kids got their school pictures back. Addi is in 3rd grade and Parker in Kindergarten. They both are such good students. At parent teacher conference we heard nothing but great things about how kind they are, how helpful they are, and how they stay on task great. Things a parent loves to hear.
On October 25 was the day we all had been kind of dreading. It was surgery day for our Parker boy. We had the talk with him a few days before the surgery of what was going on and what they were going to do. At first he seemed kind of ok with what was going to happen. We had to tell him that he would wake up to a few teeth missing and that his mouth would probably hurt a little bit. We told him that they wouldn't do anything to him until he was completely asleep though. Come Tuesday he was pretty hesitant about doing the whole thing. He would say things like, "Let's wait till the end of the month." "Mom, you said it wasn't until the last of October." Finally, as we were getting ready for bed he says in a quiet voice, "Mom, I'm really nervous about my surgery." With tears in my eyes I told him that I was a little nervous too and that it was ok to be scared. Talk about heart breaking.
We were suppose to go to Utah Valley hospital in Provo for the surgery, but we got a phone call from my surgeons office Tuesday afternoon saying that Utah Valley didn't have us scheduled until 2 in the afternoon and that that wasn't going to work. 2 o'clock for a child? Not cool. So we ended up going to Murray at the St. Mark's surgical center. When we got in there the nurses were so cute with Parker. They told us that they don't get to have many kids there and espcially not kids that were having teeth removed. They had a little teddy bear waiting for him, and they were all super happy around him and trying to make him not so nervous.
We had to wait a little bit for the Dr. to show up once we got checked in. He was pretty nervous and so we tried to keep him occupied by talking about silly things and taking silly pictures. But every few minutes he'd realize where we were again and start to get a little teary eyed.
Finally Dr. Egbert showed up and we were ready to roll. He told us he was going to hopefully only remove the two central teeth, but if he needed to he would move to the next one. Surgery only lasted about 30 minutes. Dr. Egbert came out and gave us the update on him. He did have to remove 3 teeth, and that the cyst was about the size of a marble. It was a lot bigger than he had thought and he also told us that the cyst had caused Parker's permeant teeth to kind of start to rotate and turn. We are hoping that where we caught it so early that his teeth will hopefully rotate back.
Once we got back to Parker, he was still trying to wake up. He woke up a bit and was super emotional. He said his mouth hurt, and that he had yucky stuff in his mouth. One of his nurses that was with him in the O.R. came in and said Parker you were a tough guy, give us a smile. Parker did and I lost it crying. He was a bloody mess and he had so many missing teeth. I told Ty, why is it that I always cry when this kid looses a tooth. He has yet to loose a tooth a normal way yet. He was lost 4 teeth so far, and not because they were ready.
Once he had a few sips of water and was more awake we headed out to the car. I knew that I get really sick when I go under and I kind of had a feeling that Parker would too. I am glad that I listed to that intuition. We got out to the parking lot and he started to gag and ended up throwing up. It was hard because he had gauze in his mouth and he was still bleeding pretty good. Poor kid. He slept all the way home and then once we were in the parking lot of the grocery store to pick up some popsicles he threw up again. When we got home, he slept for about another hour and once he woke up his anesthesia had worn off and he was a brand new kid. He was up and wanting to play. He did say that he didn't like the way his stitches felt. He kept doing little duck faces with his lips.
I really thought he would be out for the rest of the week from school, but he woke up feeling fine and dandy. He headed to school and totally rocked it. He thinks his new smile is pretty neat and was super happy that the tooth fairy made a visit. He does look pretty cute will all his missing teeth, but it still breaks my heart a little bit.
This is when he was trying to wake up.
Once we got home and he was eating some jello.
The next day. I couldn't believe how black and blue his gums turned, but they didn't stay that way for too long. And he stitches desolved within 10 days.
On the 27th, Cambria Harris got married in Manti. It was kind of one of those moments we realized that we were getting older because Kam used to babysit our kids in Vernal. Kris and Wendy are like our family and it is always fun to meet up with them. It was a beautiful wedding and Kam made a beautiful bride.
Ty went down to Vegas after the wedding to do another Tough Mudder. I decided not to go this time and let him have a dudes weekend. The kids and I painted pumpkins and they had a blast.
For family home evening on the night before Halloween we down to Salem to a little pumpkin patch that had little activities. It was cheap and there weren't a whole lot of people. The kids cried when we said we had to leave, but it was just getting a little too cold.
The older kids got to wear their costumes to school on Halloween. You would have thought it might have been Christmas because they woke up early and were dressed super early. Mom got a little creative and even made orange pancakes for dinner.
When we went to Disneyland we went to a halloween party there and we got to wear costumes. We all dressed as Alice in Wonderland, but in disney it was too darn hot for some us to wear our costumes, so we had to wait till Halloween for all of us to be themed and dressed together. We got so many compliments on how cute everyone looked. Addi- The Cheshire cat. Parker- The mad hatter. Emmy- Alice. Lyndin- the white rabbit. Mom & Dad- Tweedle Dee & Dum
Waiting for the costume parade at school.
We went to the Disney store after halloween and they had their costumes half off and then 25% off that price. Emmy loved the evil witch at Disneyland so when I saw this costume I had to buy it. When she would see the witch above the snow white ride she would fake scream and point.... the witch!!! And then she would laugh and wait for the witch to pop out again. He smile was so big when i showed her this costume. She says... It's the witch!!! And i even got her some dress up shoes that she ohh and ahh over. She wears them every where.
I also found a yard sale that was selling brand new kid shoes. So of course I had to buy some. I got Emmy some high heels and she thought they were "very pretty" and wore them to church. When i said let's take a picture of them she posed like this. She is going to give us a run for our money I tell you!












































No comments:
Post a Comment