Wednesday, May 10, 2017

April


As I'm looking through my pictures to do this update, I'm thinking to myself.. that was only 5 weeks ago? It feels like ages ago. I think it's because we have had so much crammed in the last few weeks and I have been so stressed that I haven't taken the time to smell the roses and just be. I think that is probably why I had a breakdown a couple days ago. (More on that later). 

Here we go with April's happenings.....

April 1st was Ty's cousin Ed's wedding. This was Ed's 2nd marriage because his first wife died about a year ago really suddenly. She left behind 2 little boys that are right between my oldest two kids age. Saddest funeral I think I have been to. We really miss Sedra, but I am glad that Ed is happy again with Amelia. It was a simple wedding and it was nice to get away with my honey for a couple hours. Lyndi had just gotten off oxygen, my mom was still not suppose to be around her, Debbie was going to the wedding, and so I called my step mom and dad to see if they would come out and watch the kids for a few hours while we went. I NEVER call them for help and so Cassi was very willing to come out and she even pulled my dad along. No, but really I was super grateful for their help and that I could get a break from the house and kids for a minute. Once we got home from the wedding they left to head home with Addi because it was her Spring Break the following week and she wanted to spend it in Vernal with her grandparents. She was able have a sleep over at Grandma & Grandpa Massey's and then they took her up to the gorge to see the over flow shoot out. She then got to spend the night at Grandma Debbie's the rest of the week. Grandpa Larry did take her out to Wendy's for a date during the week, and Grandma Debbie also took her swimming one night. She was not ready to come home. I think she was really enjoying the quiet time, but she kept saying to me... "Mom, are you going to miss me while I'm gone to Vernal?" I told her that of course would miss her. We all missed our big helper. 



Everyone always asks me who Lyndi looks like. I pulled up some pictures of Addi when she was about 3 months. They do look similar, but definitely have their own looks too. 
Lyndi was learning how to smile and would just give us big open mouth grins. She is such a happy baby. She loves being around people. 



For Easter we rented a cabin up in Sundance again. But before we left we dyed our eggs. It was a headache with Emmy around because she didn't know how to be careful and we had a few spills around, but once we distracted her with something else the older 2 were able to have some fun dying them. 





OH MY!!! Emery Elizabeth has been giving me a run for my money lately. I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE nap time right now. I don't have to worry about where she is or what she is doing. She is so mischievous  lately. I also know when it is quiet when she is awake that means she is up to no good. She loves to push the bar stools over to the kitchen sink and play in the sink. I have come down from feeding the baby twice now with pools of water on the floor because she either dumps cups of water out, or she tips the faucet so it sprays out. The other day it took 8 bath towels to mop up. Another story goes like this.. I was on the phone with my sister and I realized Emmy was being super quiet. I come into my room and she had somehow unscrewed the lid of my cetaphil lotion and had it all over her and all of my bed spread. I hang up with my sister and Emmy just looks at me and says ta-da! Like she was so proud that she was able to put lotion on all by herself. She also LOVES dresses and loves to play dress up. She loves anything pretty right now and will tell you... PRETTY!! She love shoes, necklaces, anything that might resemble a bracelet, and anything else girly. We are all secretly loving it because Addi was never into girly things. She is loves to follow along to wherever her older siblings go. She thinks she is big and needs to do big things like them. They are usually pretty patient with her and let her tag along wherever they are. She is starting to play pretend and loves to have parties! (tea parties) She will drag you downstairs and give you cups. She will pour pretend water in it and then she also gives you a phone and starts saying hello?!? She will have conversations with her dad, or grandma. She is starting to talk so much and definitely knows how to speak her mind now. We laugh at her daily. 














We made a quick trip to Vernal to pick up Addi once her week was over. Wendy Harris let us know that they were doing a ducky drop at the pool on Saturday morning. They did it in age groups and the kids at a lot of fun trying to gather as many as they could. Emmy didn't do the duck drop, but she did swim afterwards. We asked her if she wanted to get out and she would yell NO... Swim!!! We are grateful for Kaija and that she took the time to swim my kids. 








All of my kids have loved helping my dad with his chores with feeding the dogs. Emmy was no different. She pulled him around outside and wouldn't let him come in. 



We always get comments on how big Lyndi's eyes are. They always tend to light up when she is super happy too. 


On April 18, Addi have a presentation in school about the continent of Australia. We picked this continent back at the beginning of school. We picked it because Ty served his mission there. She only needed to take 5 to 10 minutes on it. We came up with 5 animals for her to talk about that live there, and also she talked about the boomerang. We went to watch her and bring her the  materials we had prepared. Ty and I stood back and watched her do her thing. We were absolutely amazed at how much confidence she showed while she was teaching her information. She even answered some of the questions like a pro when they were asked. We were so proud of her because we know how terrified she can get when she gets in front of groups. Way to go Addi!! 


For Ty's 34th birthday we went to Teppanyaki. One our family favorites. We had quite the crew there, but it was so fun to be able to have so much family around. He took the day off from work and was able to get a few things done around the house and to really do whatever he wanted. We love our dad and we had so much fun celebrating his special day! 


That weekend after Ty's birthday we went to Murray to Top Golf with our neighbors, The Clegg's and the Van Dyke's. We had a Sunday dinner with these two families at the beginning of April and we realized that all 3 of the guys had April birthdays. We thought it would be fun to go a date to Top Golf because we had heard good things about it. Ty and Josh Clegg had been there before, but no one else had. I am NO golfer and it took me a minute to understand and get the swing down, but it really was a fun date because it didn't matter if you were a good golfer or not. I definitely want to try going there again. 


Dad also busted out the motorcycle from the garage on his birthday because it was such a beautiful day. I love this picture of him at Parker with both of their "bikes". 



No comments: