Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Triple B's: Baptism, Blessing, Birthday

On May 6, 2017 we had a big celebration of the Jensen girls. We had a baptism, a blessing, and also a couple birthdays thrown in there as well. We had originally planned to bless and baptism the girls the first part of April, but when Lyndi got so sick we postponed the date. We asked Addi when she turned 8 if she would be alright with sharing her day with her little sister. Her eye's lit up and she said she definitely wanted to share the day with her sister. In our stake they do it on a ward level and Addi was the only one from our ward getting baptized that day. She was able to pick the entire program. I loved her choice of songs. So her! She called and asked each person if they would do "x". 

I still can't believe I have an 8 year old. They say the days are slow, but the years are fast when you have young kids. I couldn't agree more. I was thinking when Lyndi is 8 and will be turning 16!!! BAH! I can't even think about that for very long. 

Addi loved having the day all about her, but once people started showing up she leaned over to me and told me she was getting a little nervous. We told her it was definitely alright to feel nervous, but that things would be ok. 





We are grateful for all the family and friends that could come out.
 Grandpa Larry & Grandma Cassi, Grandma Shelly, Grandma Debbie, Nana & Grandpa Jensen, Nan & Justin, Julia & Cassidy with their kids, Wendy & Kris Harris with Kam and Kaija, Emily Tesar with Collins & McKenna, Jess & Mike, & Amber, Jon & Natalie Workman with their kids. We also had her primary presidency, the bishop, and your primary teacher there. 










Here are some thoughts from Addi about her baptism day: 
We celebrated Emmy's birthday too. I got presents from my family and friends.  When I went into the water I was facing the wrong way then we did it right. I had to plug my nose when I went under. All my family was there to watch me. I was both nervous and excited. Grandma Shelly talked about Repunzel the princess and how she had forgotten she was a princess of a king. She told me that I am a princess of a King as well. She told me that I was being like Jesus when I'm baptized. . Nan talked about me and baptism the holy ghost being with me. She told me that the Holy Ghost told her to tell my mom to keep an extra close eye on me one day because she felt like I was going to get really hurt that day. It was kind of weird and scary to receive the Holy Ghost with everyone having their hands on my head. It was just me from our ward getting baptized. Everyone got to do pictures with me afterwards. I liked having my family from Vernal there. I love that little baby and how she was blessed that same day. I also got a set of scriptures with my name on it. 


We love our Kam. She has been in Addi's life since the day she was born. Well the whole Harris family has. They are like family to us. 



We also figured since all our family and friends were out, we would celebrate Emery's birthday. She LOVED opening her presents and was so happy with every present. We all laughed at her when she opened each one. She love her shoes she got from Grandma Debbie. She also loved her sunglasses and helmet! Oh Emmy girl you keep us laughing. 










Grandma Debbie was bound and determined to get a Grandma picture. I think she got a pretty decent one. 


We can't forget our little Parker boy. He was feeling a little left out this day all about his sisters. We are so grateful for this little boy of ours. He is so patient with his sisters, and he loves them all so much. 


Dad gave Lyndin a very sweet blessing. He told her that she was here to teach us things and that she is very loved by her family. He blessed her that she may one day serve a mission if that is what she desires, and that also if she desires that she can marry in the temple. She was wide away during her blessing and didn't cry at all once her dad starting talking. She is such a sweet little baby and everyone loves to get one of her smiles. 

All my girls have received their own blessing dress. All their dresses have been made by the same lady.  We ran into her husband at the American Fork Quilted Bear when we went dress shopping. We told him that this was our 3rd blessing dress we were buying of hers and to tell her that we love her work. He was very surprised and touched to hear our story. He even told the store clerk to give us a 10% discount because we were returning customers! 








When I stepped back from the day I realized how blessed I am to have such a sweet family. We are also very lucky to have the support of both our families in whatever we do. I am so proud of Addi and her decision to get baptized. She has all of a sudden woke up and is retaining so much from church and it's teachings. Stay strong Addi girl. Life is tough and you will have your fair share of trials. But your dad and I are always here for you. As well as your Father in Heaven. Please remember that you are a daughter of a King. You are so precious and we will always love you. 



1 comment:

The Normans said...

What a beautiful day for your family!