Now that I look through the pictures we took in June I realize how busy we really were, and having a newborn was only part of the craziness.
Addi had her last day of Kindergarten program on the 5th of June. She was so excited for her program. We had told her that her grandparents were coming and mom and dad would be there too. She walked in with her class and she was all smiles and waving at us! She was too cute! Then they stood up to start singing, and she started to sing about 3 words and then lost it. I don't know if she was embarrassed that she didn't say the right words, or if she realized how many people were there and made her nervous. She really isn't one for big crowds and doesn't do well when she knows people are watching her. She sat the rest of the 30 minutes in her seat and would either be on the verge of crying, or crying. We sat in the audience and tried to make her happy, but she was not having it. So yes, the one kid that usually cries in a program.. that was my kid this time. Afterwards she was fine and when I asked her why she was crying, she told me that dad was making funny faces at her and she didn't like it. WHAT?!?! I then asked her if it really was because so many people were there. She said kind of. I then tried to explain to her that only our grandparents and us as her parents were the only ones watching her. The other kids parents were there to watch their kids. She had to mull that one over a little bit.
Mrs. Christensen was so great for Addi this year. I couldn't have asked for a better Kindergarten teacher. Addi loved school, learned so much, and made some great friends. I am a little nervous for her to be in 1st grade and be gone all day.
We loved Mrs. Christensen
They did a slide show of all the kids in her class with this same white board. Most of the girls were putting down a dancer, a nurse, a princess, but Addi's put down this...
She was the only one that said a Mom. I started crying. Granted I had just had a baby 2 weeks before, but even if I hadn't I think I would have cried a bit. She has been quite motherly when it comes to Emery and I love it. I was talking to Ty about it and I told him I think she sees that I am content with being a mother and that they are my first and foremost. I am so grateful to be a mom. It is only of the best callings in live and is the most rewarding (most days)
Elinor, Addi, Ariana, Grace, and Ellie all quite the little buds
(Audi's poor red eyes)
Dad got us tickets to an outdoor play, Mary Poppins. It was a beautiful night, but we only lasted about an hour. The kids got restless and wanted to go back to grandma Shelly's house.
When Emmy was about 3 weeks old we went on a little hike/picnic one Sunday afternoon. It was a small the hike that went up to waterfall. The kids were super excited and you would have thought we have never taken them outside before. Parker would say things like, "look mom a rock, look mom i'm hiking, look mom some water, look mom another green rock" Addi was our trail blazer and loved to explore. We definitely want to go out an explore the beautiful mountains by our house more.
June was full of some HOT summer days. We went down to Provo and played in their splash pad. And once again my cute daughter was not afraid of who she is. Yes, that is her in the nemo swim cap. She didn't want her hair wet at first, it only stayed on for about 10 minutes.
My cute little 3 bed bugs.
The last weekend in June we went up to Park City and stayed the night. It was a nice little get away that we all needed. We took the kids up to the Alpine slide and they are asking still when they can do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment