That month of July was a BUSY, BUSY, BUSY month for us. We have had a lot of fun and it was nice to get out of the house and enjoy the night weather. Usually I do a big sum up of the month, but this time I am going to do smaller sum ups of each event because there were so many.
Vernal for the 4th:
We went to Vernal the 2nd-5th of July. My first stop was at the Tesar's to meet sweet baby Collins. It was killing me that I hadn't gotten to met my best friends baby yet. Him and Emery are only 6 days apart. Up next to each other Collins is HUGE! We already have it pre planned that they will get married one day. I love having all this sweet babies around the same age as Emery. They were about 7 and 6 weeks old in these pictures.
We went to the parade in good ol v-town. It was super hot and the kids only lasted about 40 minutes. We left a little early, but it was nice because we beat the traffic.
BAD BURN:
Addi got a bad burn on her bum after we got home from Vernal. We had signed up for swimming lessons and after the 2nd day of them she burned her bum on our fireplace. She had gotten out of the tub and was cold. She flipped on the fire and then turned it off. I think she forgot that it had been on and she was naked back up against it. She came up to me about 10 minutes after it had happened with tears in her eyes and showed me her bum. My eyes went big and I said, "Honey why didn't you tell me what happened so mom could help you?" She told me that she was scared to tell me because she didn't know what kind of medicine was on it. Poor thing. It oozed for 2 days, but started to look pretty good after about 5 days. We kept a lot of medicine on it to keep it moist. I need to take an after picture.
LAGOON:
We went to Lagoon on the 11th with Julia and her family. Cassidy's work had their Lagoon day that day and invited us to join along. We left Emmy with my mom for the day and was able to spend some good quality time with the older 2. Last time we went to Lagoon, Parker was about an inch and a half too small for most of the rides. This year he was able to enjoy all of them. What is crazy is that most of the pictures that I took, me and my siblings have the exact same pictures from when we visited Lagoon when we were little. Not much has changed in terms of the little kid rides.
I kiss on those chubby cheeks all day long. I love watching babies sleep too. Nothing so peaceful.
A Week in Vernal:
With Ty being the Young Men's president now, he got the opportunity to go on high adventure with his priests, and teachers. They were going to back pack up King's Peak. It was about a 30 mile hike. UGH! He left for 5 days. I didn't want to be alone with the kids the entire time so I went to Vernal that Thursday. He had fun, but said it was grueling. The kids and I had a good time in Vernal too. We played with lots of friends and enjoyed spending time with family. We sure missed our dad though. He came out to Vernal the following Wednesday. We went 8 days without seeing him. :( We then spent the 24th out in Vernal. We really wanted to make it to the Scout breakfast, but of course out of all the days to sleep in that was the day we slept in. We went and got McDonalds breaksfast and took it to our parade spot. It worked... We went out to the Dinosaur Quarry to visit Grandma Debbie and enjoy some time with the Dinosaurs. The kids like the bones, but they liked riding grandma's tram better.
This little cutie decided to start smiling when she was about 7 weeks old. I love those gummy smiles.
The kids had swimming lessons and they loved jumping off the diving board at the end of their lessons.
Also while were in Vernal we had the kids teeth cleaned. They were champs through it all. And guess what?! NO cavities!! Hooray! Our good friend Natalie cleaned their teeth.
The kids got to hold Jack and Sally. They are Aunt Nan's birds.
I am so blessed. The kids were troopers on this trip. I loved spending time in Vernal with them.
Parker loves to hold Emmy. He couldn't remember her name most of the time and so he called her baby. Then one night when she was about 7 weeks old he said, "Mom, I know what we can call the baby!" What son? We can call her Emmy! Yep, we can! Now he calls her Emmy. He is always so concerned where she is, and if she is awake. If she is awake he gives her a kiss.
They wanted some ninja turtle costumes. They love running around the house in them.
1 comment:
ouch!! That burn looks like it hurt!! Looks like you've been having a fun summer!
Post a Comment