Boston was fun little get a way. I did cry when I pulled out of the drive way. I have never left my family for more than over night. They did great and had no major accidents or problems. Thanks again to my gem of a husband for letting me go. The flight was good except my sister and I always seem to get sick. I don't know if it is the change of altitude or what. We were kissing the ground when we arrived.
That first night we arrived we walked up to Fenway Park (which is celebrating their 100th anniversary) and watched the Red Sox's vs. the Texas Rangers. It was a sold out game. We didn't have tickets so we had to buy them off the street. People there do sound different. I don't know if we sound different to them or not. We weren't very enthusiastic because we were so tired from the flight, but it was still worth it. We left in the 6th inning because we were so tired, and the Sox's were losing. They ended up losing pretty bad, so we didn't miss a whole lot.
Wednesday we walked The Freedom Trail. We walked, and walked, and walked. There were old churches we walked past (we couldn't tour them because they are still in use), old state buildings, and old meeting houses. Everything cost money to go in and so we didn't go into them because we didn't want to spend the money. I know, I know we are lame. But we didn't want to spend $6 each to walk through and old meeting house. We did walk into an old cemetery where Paul Revere is buried and also Benjamin Franklin's parents. It was neat to see all the old headstones that were from the 1600's.
We also walked into the North End where the Italians settled. We had some pasta up there and it was DELICIOUS!! We then walked over to the TD Garden center to go to the Celtic vs. Magic game. The Celtics won. Basketball is definitely a lot easier to watch than baseball. We then walked home from the game. We thought our hotel was closer than it was. It took us about 45 minutes to walk home. I don't know how many miles we walked that day, but we all woke up sore the next morning. Oh and I am so grateful for the block system here in Utah. Definitely much easier to find places.
Thursday we didn't really do a whole bunch. We went over to the mall by our hotel. Man talk about a ritzy mall. We bought sunglasses and flip flops at American Eagle. (which was one of the lower class stores in the mall). We then had went to a play and had dinner. Which entailed more walking. We could have taken a cab, bus, or subway, but the traffic there is nuts so we figured walking would get us there faster.
| This dress shirt was so soft and nice. I thought about buying it for Ty, but then we turned over the tag. Yeah, $245.00 is a little over my price range. |
Friday was Breann's 20th birthday. We went to the Prudential Center and went up to the top. It is 52 stories and we went to the 50th story. It did sway a tiny bit, but it was neat to see Boston from that high up. Later that afternoon we went on a Duck Tour of Boston. We road in this boat/4 wheel vechile and had a visual/ verbal tour of Boston. It was neat to hear certain tidbits. We went into the Charles river and toured that area too. After we were done with that we went to dinner and then went over to Max Brennar's chocolate shop. We stopped there for lunch earlier that day. We had a good lunch, but then we saw the dessert menu, you can do a fondue dessert. We decided we would come back later and do the fondue for Breann's birthday. It was a fun.
Fenway Park was packed for the Yankee's game that day.
Boston is a windy city. It wasn't cold, but you definitely needed a jacket somedays. The breeze comes from all the water around it.
Saturday we left Boston at 8:40 there, we arrived in S.L.C at 1:30. There is a 2 hour time different with Boston being ahead. We once again got sick on the plane and was so glad to be home. It was a long day. Ty picked me up from the airport and it was so great to see my family. The kids gave me and extra big squeeze and had smiles for about 30 minutes after I got home. It was good to know I was missed. We then met up with Ty's dad and stepmom for dinner at Tucano's for his birthday dinner. He tried to deny that it was his birthday (which it technically wasn't, but we still had to celebrate). I love the faces I caught of him.
We stayed the night out there and then came home the next morning. We made it to church and then had a family get together to celebrate Ty's and Breann's birthday. I forgot to get candles and so Ty blew out the blue one and Bre blew out the pink one. It is definitely nice to get home after being gone for a while. Now I just need to get caught up on laundry and all the other lovely house duties. Ty said that he doesn't know how I do it. He said he couldn't get anything done when the kids were awake. Welcome to being a mom!
All in all Boston was fun. I don't think I will go back though. It was one of the cities that had more verbal history, rather than visual. I would say if you go to Boston just go for a day or two; don't make a total vacation out of it :) Still it was fun to go back East!
3 comments:
Glad you had fun! :)
Sounds like quite the trip. that is so fun that you got to go spend some time with your mom and sister Isnt it great to hear that the guys cant get everything done when they are home with the kids all day. I think it is good for them to do that once in a while. I know Levi continually says the same thing.
Glad you had fun. Nice that you were able to get away for a few days.
Post a Comment