He is here!
Parker Miles Jensen
7 lbs. 9 oz. & 20 inches
Born at 12:58 am on 09.12.2011
Wow where to begin. This past week has been gone by slow and fast all at once. We'll just start at the beginning which was Saturday the 10th. My Dr. wanted me to come in to get monitored again to see how my blood pressure was doing. We got there about 2:00 pm and got all settled in. My BP was high, but not too high. Mostly in the 90's; it would drop down 87 (the bottom # is what they are concerned about) but then spike back up into the 90's. So we were expecting to be there a little bit, but hoping we were going to be able to go back home. Well wouldn't you know my Dr. decided to go out of town for the weekend and so another Dr. was on call. He came in around 6 and told me that I couldn't go home, but if I wanted to he could just induce me and get it him here. Ty and I just looked at each other like "WHAT?" Its not that we didn't trust him, but it wasn't my Dr. telling me it was ok to get him here. The Dr. said we could do whatever we wanted, we could just stay the night hoping that it would come down, or deliver. We decided to stay the night and hope that it would come down. Welp wouldn't you know it, it didn't come down. The Dr. came back in and said the same thing as he had before. Ty and I talked it over and decided that we would induce at 9 o'clock that night. I didn't want a 9/11 baby and so I figured if I didn't get started until later then I could make it past midnight. The Dr. was all for our plan.
9:00 pm comes and about 9:10 the Dr. that had been checking on us came in and told us that Nolte had just called in to check on who was in and when he heard that I was in he told them he would be in in 30 minutes to induce me and deliver me. I started crying after the Dr. left. I was so grateful that my Dr. was going to be the one to deliver my baby. About 9:40 Dr. Nolte comes in and told us that he had a feeling that he needed to call in and check on who was here. We couldn't thank him enough for coming in when he didn't really have to since he was off. He said he didn't mind at all. He then breaks my water and here we go... I didn't have to be put on Pitocen or Magnesium because I was dilated enough on my on not to be on Pit and my BP wasn't bad enough to be put on Mag. I was saying many prayers thanking my Heavenly Father I didn't have to be on either of them. I just remember with Addi that both of those drugs just about did me in.
After my water was broken, Ty and I started playing Phase 10. We figured it was going to be a long night. We were expecting to have him probably around 2 or 3. I had been having contractions off and on the entire stay, but they started coming more regular. We had only been playing cards for about 30 minutes before I said ok I need some drugs. When the nurse came in I had already dilated to a 5 and was almost thinned all the way. She gave me a muscle relaxer and that helped for about 30 minutes. I told her I was ready to get my epidural when she gave me the relaxer. 45 minutes after that the anestitologist (sp?) came in and gave me the epidural. By this time I was at a 7. The contractions were coming pretty hard and I was ready for the epidural to kick in. I started to get numb, but it wasn't really taking the edge of the contractions. They told me it was just because it needed time to kick all the way in. Well about another 45 minutes went past and the nurse decided to check me. I was at a 10 and ready to push. I was still not getting any relief for the contractions and they were coming so hard that I wasn't able to breath through them as I should have been, so this was causing his heart rate to drop. So when she said I was ready to push I was so relieved. She had me push once to see if I could get him crowned. Pushed, yep he was ready to come. She grabbed Nolte and once he got in there I pushed through one contraction and he said "K, on this next one let's get him here". Here came the 3 pushed and at 12:58 am on 9/12/2011 here came our little boy into this world. He started to cry and so did I. I couldn't believe he was here. He came so much faster and so much easier that Addi. He was as healthy as could be. All in all I was in labor for 3 hours and 18 minutes. It was definitely his time to come.
We struggled and struggled with coming up with a name for him. We had a list of about 7, but none of them fit him. We would decide on one, but then it just didn't feel right. We'd decide on another and it wouldn't feel right either. Finally the day we got to come home (which was Tuesday afternoon) we decided on Parker Miles. I had told Ty I had liked that name once a long time ago, but it never made it to the list. He is definitely a Parker.
We are so grateful he is here safe and sound. He is great little baby. Addi is doing pretty good. We kind of had a rough day the other day, but she is adjusting just like the rest of us. One day at a time right?
We are now a family of 4!!

8 comments:
yay!! I'm so glad everything went well. can you believe our boys are only a month and two days apart? crazy! can't wait to meet him!
Congrats Chels! We are so happy for his safe arrival. Parker is a perfect name for the little guy, it fits. It's amazing the miracles that happen when we need them the most. I bet Addi is super excited to be a big sis! Good job on the labor and delivery.
I'm glad things went smooth for you. He's so cute! Congrats Chels!
yay!! hes so precious! I'm so happy for you and your cute lil family!
I am glad things went smoothly!! He is a doll! I hope you are all able to adjust well!! Addi will do better!! You are right, a day at a time!
Awww Chels!!! He's a cutie i'm glad your labor went so fast! that is all i wish for on this baby haha.. Addi will adjust its really really hard on them.. So yep one day at a time.. And please please don't hesitate to call me! i would love to help any way i can!! congrats cute girl! your an awesome mommy!!
Congrats!!! He is so cute and I'm so glad your delivery went well three hours that's amazing!!! Let me know if you need anything.
He is ADORABLE Chels! I love the name too. Enjoy his little-ness. You know how fast it goes :(
Post a Comment