Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Adventure


This Valentine's Day was quite and interesting one I'd have to say. I'll start off with something good. Ty did get me some flowers and they were very pretty. I love the little note he wrote me. It is so something he would say. Well then the real adventure began. About 1:30 we left Vernal to head over to Montrose, Colorado to help one of Ty's friends move back to Vernal. Neither Ty or I are very familiar with Colorado and so we were thought oh this will be fun. We were driving along and we had to go over Douglas Pass, and neither of us had ever gone over it, but we had heard of all these horror stories. We'll let's just say we can add a story to the list. It started snowing over Douglas and we were just driving carefully and taking our time and then we both heard a ding. We look down and sure enough our low gas light came on. I don't think we were even half way over the mountain. Ty just said it would be alright and I'm thinking yeah right. We had no clue when the next town would be and so we both were saying just silent prayers the entire trip down the mountain. Even if we would have ran out of gas there was no room on the road to even pull over. It was pretty nerve racking. We finally reached a town where we could get gas and both of us were so relieved. Ty's truck normally holds 35 gallons, he put 37 gallons in it when we filled up. Let's just say Heavenly Father really does answer prayers. Oh and that's not the end of the story. We get to Montrose about 7 o'clock and we start loading the trailer. We finished about 9 o'clock. Ty didn't want to stay the night because he had bishopric meetings the next day, so we geared up to head back. We decided we didn't want to go over Douglas again so we took the LONG way home. We drove to Grand Junction and Ty got tired and so we got a hotel room and slept for 3 hours and got up to drive again. We didn't pull into Vernal till 7 a.m. What a long trip. I don't think Ty and I will be going to Colorado again for a long time.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh Chels I am so glad nothing bad happened! I am glad everything is ok! You are looking sooo cute! I can't wait to see your baby when she comes!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I am glad you are ok!