Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Addi's 17th Birthday


For Addi's birthday she only wanted a few things: to hang out with friends, have hungry Hawaiian, and she chose to finally get her ears pierced (which she was able to do on her birthday). Safe to say she got all three things. She also got a birthday surprise of no volleyball practice because we finally had a snow storm move in and the roads were NASTY! So she got to have a movie night with her friends as well. 

When I was doing her birthday post on Instagram, I may or may not have cried. Having your oldest and your youngest have a birthday in the same month isn't fair. It really hit me that Addi is getting closer and closer to leaving. Once a child leaves the home, the nuclear family is never quite the same. Which I know that is what is supposed to happen, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't make your heart clench a little bit too. 




Addi, 

You are my firstborn and I have to say that I'm so lucky that I get to take a spin at this parenting thing with you. You make my life so full, and I always look at each of my kids with amazement. Your qualities are just getting bolder and stronger as you age. You are really learning who you are and what your values are. It is amazing to see you set your own goals, and then achieve them. I want you to know that you should never stop setting goals. It is what will make life fulfilling. I think you grew just a bit more and we think you are measuring in at 5'10". Which is still crazy to think about because your dad and I aren't very tall people. It is going to be amazing to see what the next year brings. 

You still want to do something with animals after you graduate high school. You still love seafood and would probably eat it at every meal. You still are all about comfort clothes and usually wear a hoodie/sweatshirt every day. You are a big help with being another driver in the family. You help me out a lot with the younger kids. You have a strong self worth of yourself and you don't let that slip very often. Your dad and I love you very much and are grateful that when you chose to come a month early into this world, you came with the fight of life and it hasn't ever gone away. 

Love, Mom 



No comments: