Sunday, November 17, 2024

Parker is 13

 Parker is now officially a teenager! I surprised him with some cheese sticks at lunch time. He knew I was coming but he didn't know what I was bringing. He saw the box and instantly got the biggest grin. While I was waiting for him to come up, there was a girl that asked what I was doing. I said oh I'm bringing my son some lunch because today is his birthday. She gets quiet and then says is your son Parker? I said yes, she then said he is in my 3rd hour and is really nice to me. It was a feel good parenting moment. 

That evening we were going to go to dinner with family. However he came home from school with a really bad tummy ache. He said he thought he ate too much pizza. We told him to lay down for a bit and see if it went away. Sadly, it didn't. We went to Jdawgs for dinner and then next door to there for ice cream. Parker laid down both time and was just not feeling good. He teared up and said I'm not supposed to be sick on my birthday. The pictures of the girls eating their ice cream is for remembrance that the rest of us were feeling fine on his birthday and still celebrated him. 







Parker, 

This year I really found myself appreciating you so much more. Since Kelden passed away I have seen so much of him in you. He was the only brother, he was in the middle of the birth order, he was different than his sisters, he was very tender hearted, and he also had really thick hair like you. You hold a very special place in our family. I know it probably isn't easy always being the only boy. I know it is hard following your sisters to all their events. I know that you would probably like to stay home and play video games, but I want you to know that you showing up doesn't go unnoticed. We love you and you matter. 

You still love pasta and will request some sort of pasta at least once a week for dinner. You still love playing the Switch, and watching YouTube. You are such a smart kid and learning comes so easily for you. You are starting to get pretty moody. I would dare say even moody than your sisters at times. It's been a little rough lately. We will make it through though. 

I love you buddy!
-Mom



No comments: