Sunday, November 17, 2024

October

 October was a very warm month and it did not feel like fall. 


I love going into the elementary school and seeing the kids art work. 


We got to see the northern lights from our house. It was crazy that you couldn't see it with your naked eye, but that your camera from your phone could capture it. 

Kelden's headstone was placed and we were able to go out and see it. It was a labor of love trying to design it. We really feel like this is a piece of him that we can all enjoy. The heart and the Love ya- Kelden were from when he wrote a note to Emmy on her baptism day. It's all going to be alright! is from a letter he wrote to Breann. It was really hard to see it the first time. It is a finality that just sinks in that this is his resting place. We do miss him, but we talk about him consistently. 



On this trip we were able to spend some time with Avery and Grandpa. We went to the library and had lunch with them. 


Another visit to see Kelden. 


While we were in Vernal for our friends wedding (that same time we saw the headstone) Addi played in a tournament in Provo. Parker and Grandma Shelly were her supporters. Parker snapped this picture of her. 


For fall break we stayed home. It was actually quite nice to have nothing to do and do something we wanted. We took the kids to Provo Beach and they got to pick bowling or the ropes course. Lyn wanted to be brave and do the ropes course, but got really scared. So dad and Emmy did that while the rest of us bowled. 





Avery made a trip out with her family and she loves playing with the kids. We asked Addi to move my car and of course Av wanted a ride. 


We were able to go to the BYU football game with nan and Justin. It was a lot of fun! Even funner that BYU won!




We also went to the Bean museum with the family. It is a fun/free thing to do. 


I've shared multiple times about finding Kelden coins and how we find them all the time and usually at really special times when we need to know he is near. One day I was waiting for Addi to come out of volleyball practice so I decided to walk around the high school parking lot. I was talking with Kelden and said I haven't felt you around for a while bud. You doing ok? As I was in the parking lot I could see a bill of money. I was like no way.. I walked up and saw that it was a little bit bigger than normal but that it was $100. I was like whoa! no way! I get closer and I can tell it is totally fake. It was the only one in the parking lot and it was in perfect condition. I picked it up laughing and kind of crying as well because I was just talking to him. When I got it in my hands I heard Kelden say.. GOT YA! and heard him laughing. He was a prankster and I knew he heard me talking to him. 


I thought Addi looked like Taylor Swift in this jacket. Sadly she didn't get it. 
Emmy fell asleep literally on top of Ty while he was napping. Doesn't look comfortable to me. 


We have had a professional photographer at some of the high school games. It is fun to see these shots of her. She plays her little heart out! 







I have been getting my nails done since March. The little girls had been wanting to get their nails done for so long. So I surprised them with a girls day by checking them out of school and going to get their nails done. They had grins the entire time! They were so happy. 






Maple Mountain is one of our rivals at Spanish Fork. Their team last year took state. We upset them when they played at SF and we beat them. We then played on their home turf and won in 4 sets. It was an intense game and it was also awesome see our team step it up this year and play so much better than they did last year. 






We went with the Ashby's to our first NHL hockey game. Hockey is super fun to watch! And it doesn't hurt to watch it behind the goal. 


Halloween fun! Addi playing volleyball with her team. 
Lyndin was stitch
Emmy was barbie
Parker was duo lingo
Addi was a bat
Ty and I were swifties 













Had to throw a picture of my halloween nails because they turned out super cute! 

No comments: