May is always full of activities because the school year is wrapping up. It is also nice that the weather is finally shaping up and we all can enjoy being outside.
We started off the month with Parker's last Hershey track meet on the 3rd. It was a beautiful day for a track meet. He always gives it his all and is always showing good sportsmanship!
Since it was such a cold spring, once the warm weather came we all wanted to enjoy it. Lyn went outside while we were at work to enjoy the sunshine.
Addi decided to try the high jump on the last home meet. She was a natural at that too. She had been told that because she didn't do it in two meets that she probably wouldn't qualify for districts. But somehow she did qualify for districts. She qualified in all her events!
Amy Harmon came to the book store. I have loved reading her books. She was so kind and so easy to talk to.
On the 5th & 6th Addi played in Lehi. On Friday, it was just me and Lyn there to watch Addi. Saturday the whole crew came. Saturday was an early morning and so there were lots of naps being taken while she wasn't playing.
On May 7th, Grandma Shelly had her birthday! She came down and we cooked her dinner. Her treat to blow out candles on was a chocolate covered strawberry!
Monday morning was my birthday! I was woken up with this gang singing their edition of Happy Birthday.
I went for a walk with my good friend Jessica.
I had treats delivered!
We went to the greenhouse and picked out pots and then I chose to go to J-dawgs for dinner! It was a really relaxing birthday!
On the 9th, Ty and I got to go on a field trip with Lyndin to Macey's grocery store. We got to see in the bakery, the stock room, the big fridges/freezers, and also the loading dock. It was lots of fun!
On the 11th, was district finals for Addi. She was pretty nervous because she didn't know what to expect. She was ranked really well going into all her events. So far this year the hurdles had been her best event. Sadly, she had her slowest time this season. The starting gun really did a number on her. It was really loud and it kind of scared her. She still placed 6th and was still on the podium for awards. She placed 3rd in her 4x200 relay, she placed 2nd in long jump, and she placed 1st in high jump! Take that for only doing high jump for 2 weeks! It was a fun experience and she learned a lot about what her body can do.
On the 12th she had her end of year choir concert. She met some good friends in that class. They also sounded amazing. She isn't going to do choir next year and her teacher is really sad about that.
On the 13th we were offered tickets to the REAL salt lake soccer game. Our kids have never been to one of their games. It was a bit chilly, but the weather held out and we didn't get poured on. We left before the game was over. Thanks to the Smith's for letting us have the tickets and great seats!
Mother's Day was on the 14th, and I was spoiled by all my gifts from the kids. Parker's was the only one I got a picture of. I saved the other ones from the girls and put them in their special boxes. Church was nice and relaxing. We had grandma shelly come down for dinner again and we just chilled. I'm grateful for my 4 kids and that they have given me that title of mom. It is a title I have always wanted since I was a young girl.
For our weekly walk, Jess and I hiked up to the cross here in Spanish Fork. We have lived here for a long time, but had never hiked it. We were going to be hiking it for girls camp and so we decided we should do it before we took the girls up. It was a great hike. It was somewhat challenging, but not too bad. The views and scenery were fantastic.
On May 18th, Kindergarten ended. Lyn had such a fantastic year! She learned so much and we loved her teacher, Mrs. Geis. She also had ALL of her friends in her class this year. Owen, Ollie, Jonas, and Charlotte. They are all born with in weeks of each other. I did get a bit teary eyed when they announced her name saying that she was a graduate of Kindergarten. That's my baby! We then celebrated by going to the park and having a pizza party!
Later that night, Charolette's brother Payton had a birthday party! These were some pictures that were taken at the party.
On the 20th we had girls day camp. I was worried it wasn't going to work out, but I think it turned out great. We did a hike, did some service, went to the Saratoga Springs temple open house, had dinner, had testimony meeting and then came home. I was wiped out the next day. I had so much fun hanging out with the young women of our ward! They are all so great!
Conner, Austin, and Parker have been friends since 1st grade.
The last day of school was on the 25th. Addi was going to be with her friends that evening and so we decided to celebrate the last day of school the night before school ended. We all went out to dinner together.
The girls sure love snuggling their dad. Sometimes we know when the come into our bed, other times we don't. They don't ever snuggle me because they know dad is the one that gives the best snuggles.
On the 25th, we had to get our last day of school pictures. Each one of them has definitely grown. I had to get the picture of Parker, Emmy, and Lyn in front of the school because this is the last time they will be in school together. Parker also had his name put on the nameplate for his Kiwanis award. We of course had to run back to the school and get his picture. Since the kids all got out at lunch time, I took them all to lunch Wendy's. Then we came home and had a small water fight. Addi then went and swam with her friend.
On the 26th, we headed out to Vernal because Max was graduating high school. We stopped my Marion's on the way in to town so we could get some lunch! We walked in and Lyn say, oh man we are coming to this dump again? It may be a little dumpy but the food is sure tasty!!
Since it was Memorial Day weekend, we went and took flowers to all our loved ones. The kids did a great job helping clean up the graves and helping to place the flowers.
My grandma Gardner always let us ride in the back of her suburban while at the cemetery. Now I can truly carry on the tradition because I have my own suburban.
We had to take a picture with Grandma Jane, since that is who Lyndin is name after. Addi is name after my great grandma Zora.
We hadn't seen Grandpa Larry in quite a while. The girls alway ask if he has puppies when we go over. They were not disappointed. He had puppies that were 3 days old. They hadn't even opened their eyes yet. Parker isn't a fan, but the girls sure are!
To wrap up the month, Emmy had her dance performance. She even got a medal this year! She did a great job! She kicked so hard in her high kick that she ended up falling on her bum. That didn't stop her though and she got right back up and continuted doing her things. She said to me, mom my high kick was so high that I lost my balance. She was giggling at her self! Like I have said before but we had awesome grandparents that come to support the kids. Nana and Grandpa had to leave before the end so we didn't get a picture with them.
Whew.... that was a lot crammed into one month. But June is already looking just as full too!


















%20%20AthleticLIVE.jpeg)






























































No comments:
Post a Comment