Friday, December 9, 2022

November

I am grateful that years ago I decided to do monthly updates on my blog instead of every little highlight. It makes it so much more manageable to update. November brings the word gratitude with it. Lots to be grateful for. 

On the 1st at young women's we had a remembrance of the dead. And to bring a picture if we had one. I decided to talk about both my grandma's. Before the activity I was thinking about them and I couldn't help but tear up. Both of them worked very hard for everything they had. They had to overcome a lot of obstacles in their lives. However, they didn't let that stop them. They were two of the strongest women. 

My Granda Massey was the first death I faced. She died when I was 15. Her funeral was on my 15th birthday. She died from a brain aneurism. We thought she would make it out of surgery, but unfortunately did not. She was a school teacher and I have heard so many stories of what an amazing teacher she was. She had 8 kids in 10 years. My dad was #4 and the first boy. She was quiet, but always cheerful. I miss her. 


My Grandma Gardner was who I was closer to out of my two grandmas. We were her only grandkids for many many years. I am named after her. Chelsie Ray, after Rayma. She did not graduate high school, she got married when she was 17, and married an abusive husband. She could not have kids and adopted my mom and her brothers. She did end up getting divorced, and never did remarry. She was so smart. If she didn't know something she would research it until she did know it. 

I feel them both near at times. I know our ancestors on the other side are always near and are here to help us. I have had many times where I felt their comfort and guidance.  


Our first snowfall was on Nov. 2. It didn't really stick to the roads and it looked like we were in a snow globe. It melted once the sun came out. 



Emmy had her nutcracker performance on the 3rd. She had a solo part and also was on stage for a long time. She loves preforming! 




November 4 & 5 we went to St. George to watch softball! Hitsquad hasn't played since August. The first few games were a little tough. But the girls got their rhythm and played well. We didn't place, but the games we did loose we only lost by 1 point. It was good softball. 





It was just barely warm enough to swim. We as the adults did not get in, but the kids didn't care. 



Lyndin is all about writing everyones names and coloring. I'm savoring these lasts. I don't think I appreciated them as much with the other kids, which I have a bit of regret with. Kids defiantly don't keep little. 




We got to go to Disney on Ice again on the 13th. We got to be in the suite again. It's a great way to watch the show. 



Snuggles, and crazy eyes!! 


Parker had a state report for 5th grade. He chose the state Hawaii. He worked really hard on finding all the information about the state and then the whole 5th grade had a day where they all could display what they learned. Parker handed out pineapple and coconut. He got to be by his buddy Austin. 



School picture time!! 




When dad is free for lunch we love to go up and have lunch with him. One of our favorite places to go is Hungry Hawaiian. She tried to use chopsticks and Ty was trying to teach her how to use them. 


I got to help with the Kindergarten feast! One of the funnest traditions. 





The night before thanksgiving, Grandma Shelly gave us some Jazz tickets. There was only 4 tickets so we divided up. Grandma, Addi, and Emmy went to the movie while we went to the game. The Jazz lost, but it was still a great time. Parker even made it on the big screen!! 



Parker is the one holding up the Jazz sign. 



got a fist bump from Thurrell Bailey a retired jazz player. 



Thanksgiving day we were able to go up to nana and grandpa's. We had delicious food, and played games as a family. Lots of smiles and happy bellies. We have so much to be grateful for and I feel very blessed. 




We didn't have any plans for the long weekend and so decided to make a quick trip to Vernal to have a Friday thanksgiving with my dad and nan and her family. We then did Holly day activities around Vernal. Addi, Ty, and Emmy rode a mechanical bull, we played in blow ups, went to a craft show, and then went to a night parade. Another fun time with family. 



I wish I lived closer to this cute little girl. I love being around her and wish I could be a better aunt for her by being near. 




Same light parade, just almost 13 years between the two pictures. Me holding Addi in the the same coat Addi is in holding Avery. 



We ended the quick trip by stopping by and seeing their family in their "camper" home. We had to document that 11 people could fit in there. 



On November 28, I started working for Poppy Books and Gifts. I know one of the owners and she had posted that she was looking for part time booksellers. I inquired more information from her. I wasn't sure if I could make it work especially since Lyn is still in Kindergarten. I had told her I may have to wait until fall to start and that I need to talk to Ty to see if it was something I could do and then I would send in my resume. She said if I wanted the job I could have it. She also told me that it was pretty flexible job and that if I needed to run to do something I could, and that I could also bring Lyndin with me to work. That was my biggest hang up right there. I am feeling very blessed to be working after 15 years of not having a job, and also that I can still do my most important job of being a mom. I only work from 10-2 and work 2-3 days a week so far. Lyn is loving it as well. She told Ty she needed to learn how to talk to people so that she could tell them what books they should buy. This truly is my dream job and doing something I am very passionate about. 



We also set up for Christmas around our house. I like sitting next to the Christmas tree when it's dark and the lights on the tree are on. Emmy came into the room with me and I caught her laying under the tree enjoying the quiet moment too. 




No comments: