With October's weather you would think we were still in August/September. We enjoyed being outside as much as we could because we know all too soon winter will be here.
We started the month off by going to the zoo with nan, Justin, Avery, and Grandma Shelly. We haven't been to the Hoogle Zoo in years. I don't think Lyndin has ever been there. The kids had so much fun showing Avery all the animals and hanging out with her. I had a lot of fun being with my little niece too! I don't get to see them as often as I'd like.


After the zoo we went and got some lunch and then we all needed a bit of a nap. We then took the kids to the corn maze and we were able to spend it with morning crew we were with. The weather was once again perfect temperature to spend outside. We had corn kernels everywhere!
For the Sunday afternoon session of general conference we were at Grandma Shelly's because we wanted to spend more time with the Spence family before they had to leave. After conference was over we took the kids to the park to play. They never can get too much dad time. Doggy pile!
Parker wrote this about himself. The words he used are very true. I hope he believe those words he wrote down.
AJ tried out for the nationals team for her club. There were at least 70 13-14 year old girls there. A lot of the girls that were on her A team last year were trying out for the top team again. As I was sitting there watching them, some of her teammates were telling me how scared they were and how they hoped they would make the team. Sarah said I have been saying prayers all day that I would do well at tryouts. I said we can definitely say a prayer together and then I told them I had something even better. I put their names on the prayer roll at the temple. Because you can do it from your phone it makes it so easy! The girls really played hard and showed their best foot forward. Happy to announce that all the girls on this prayer roll list made the nationals team. A couple of AJ's friend that were on their team last year did not make the top team. AJ was so sad for them. She is super excited because she get to play in Las Vegas this season.
We went to Parent Teacher Conferences. All the kids are loving school and are improving with their learning. This is Lyndin's picture of us going to the pumpkin patch.
Our friends and neighbors the Collett's had their grandpa pass away unexpectedly. We decided to go decorate their door with hearts telling them that we were sending lots of love their way.
Addi had her first school choir concert for the school year. She has a dress that her whole class wears and she even put on some make up for the event. Her songs her class sang were beautiful. It was one of the best school choir concerts I've been at.
Grandma Shelly had extra halloween bags and they kept these girls busy during volleyball games.
Grandpa Larry sent Parker some birthday money. I laughed when I opened the envelope and saw how he "hid" the money.
Lyndin made a drawing of our family.
We went to a store by Grandma Shelly's that has all sorts of artifacts, books, movie props, etc. It was a really neat store and they took time to talk to the kids. They got to hold the cursed gold from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean. They also got to see Abraham Lincolns sword from the civil war.
Nap time again!
Oh the leaves are so beautiful in the fall. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and went on a couple different hikes within just days of each other.
Ty got tickets from the bank to go to the BYU vs. Arkansas football game. We have not been to a football games in years. I love watching sports, especially when you can go to a live event. We took some friends from our ward, Clay and Mckenzie. We haven't ever hung out with them outside of church and it was so fun to get to know them better. Unfortunately BYU lost, but the weather was outstanding! Ty's seat was broken off. Being the improviser that he is, he went and asked for a bucket to sit on during the game. We all had a good laugh.
Lyn is getting great at learning her letters and knowing that together they make words. She asked how to spell our family's first names and did a great job writing them down.
Hike #2! We liked the first hike a little bit more, however this hike was more eventful. Addi caught a roaming rooster! He was hanging out by a police officer and his friends vehicle. They didn't think Addi could catch it. She proved them wrong!
Parker was pretending to be Sasquatch.
We said goodbye to hey hey by giving him some cheese it crackers.
Parker went with his friend Austin to a corn maze. It was first responders night and Austin's dad is a policeman and we grateful for those men and women that are in that line of work.
Dad needed to work underneath his truck. Lyn wanted to play it safe when she went to help him and said she need her helmet and goggles!
We went and got McDonald's happy meals that came in these ghost buckets. I used to get these when I was a kid, so it was fun to see them bring them back.
Lyn is still all about drawing things. Parker got some new glasses! He did need a new prescription this year at his check up.
Parker and the little girls had their primary program on the 23rd. It was Parker's last primary program. They did such a good job. Park wrote his own talk, Emmy has a sentence she said. Lyn had a sentence, but did not want to stand up in front of everyone and say it. She did stand up there and sing though. There is always a special spirit when the kids sing their songs.
I wish I could keep all of Lyn's drawing, but she is quite the busy bee. I would have stacks and stacks. So instead I take pictures.
The young women came over to paint pumpkins. The little girls of course wanted to paint their own! Young Women's is actually going really well. It's so fun to get to know the girls better.
Dudes and donuts before school. We got to read books before school started.
Charolette gave lyn a BFF necklace. So cute! It is so crazy that they have known each other their whole lives.
Mom finally got her new car! It has so much room!! We are all loving it!
8th grade Volleyball came to an end. For the tournament we played hard and we came off with the win against Maple Mountain who we have had a mental block against that team. The girls played hard and won in 3 sets. Great way to end the year. Addi had a few of her friends come support and that was so kind of them. Even though her best friend Addi was on the other team they still met up after the game and gave hugs and smiles to each other.
Lyn was bound and determined to have an apple before bed one night. I fought with her and said it was too late, but she was not having it. I cut one up, sent her up stairs, and 10 minutes later I found her like this. One bite out of her apple.
Addi went to her first school dance. It was a costume party, she went as the white rabbit.
Four wheeling trip!
Addi, Addi, and Olive went to their first stake dance. It was a costume party as well. They went as softball players. We went to go get them at 10:00 and AJ text me to see if they could stay longer because she wanted to slow dance with a boy. I was shocked that I got a text like that from her. She did stay and she asked a boy to slow dance! They all got in the car with giggles and said it was so much fun!
Halloween/Spirit week.
Addi went as Bugs Bunny from Space Jam, she also went as a cowgirl earlier in the week.
Lyn was Hermione from Harry Potter. They also got to do a costume parade at school.
We did family pictures early on Halloween since Addi was going with friends and so was Parker. Dad and I were Bonnie and Clyde (bank robbers from the 30's)
Halloween seems to kick off the holidays for us. After Halloween it seems like the end of the year is here before we know it.






























































































No comments:
Post a Comment