What a way to kick off January by looking at your phone and seeing a selfie from Emmy. She is getting pretty good at doing selfies!
January 4 was national spaghetti day. We love spaghetti at our house!
On the 8th we went to the Ice castles in Midway with nana and grandpa. We all had so much fun!
Grandma Debbie came out. Her and Lyn had a quick little snooze on the couch together.
The kids were singing a birthday song for Grandma Cassi. I love snapping pictures of all 4 of them together.
On January 16, Addi had her first volleyball tournament. They only allowed 3 spectators per team. We watched online. I was really sad that I couldn't be there in person, but it is what it is right now. They ended up placing 2nd place in the Gold bracket! Not too shabby for their first tournament. Our friend Sarah's dad took the awesome photos of the girls. Addi has a great jump serve! I can't believe how much she has learned since November. It is pretty neat to see her improvement.
We made a quick trip out to vernal on the 15th. We went to see Nan and it was so cute to see the girls feel her stomach and feel the baby kick. Little baby will be here so soon and we are all so excited.
While we were in the car one day, the two little girls said to Ty and I.. why do we have a coffin in the basement? We said we don't have a coffin. They were adamant. Yes you do have one! It's in the room where Grandma Debbie sleeps. I started to laugh and told ty they are talking about my cedar chest (hope chest) I took them down there a couple weeks later to show them what was in there. After we got done looking at it Lyndin looks at me and says mom I'm sure glad that there weren't any skeltons in there. I love seeing what their perspectives are.
I was finishing up reading a book in the front room. Emmy came in there with me and ended up falling asleep on the couch.
Lyndin is still all about makeup. We have lots of makeovers at our house. Everyone gets pulled into doing them with her.
We have been having fun playing all the new games we got for christmas. Twister had everyone giggling.
Emmy and Lynni got asked to be flower girls at our friend Rachel's wedding. Their dresses came in the mail and they were so excited to try them on. Now they just can't wear them again until May.
Dad and Addi love riding the little 4 wheeler around the neighborhood or to church meetings.
This was on our way back home from Price one Sunday afternoon and I peeked back to see all the girls fast asleep.
The reason we went down to Price was to go to Keslynn's baby blessing. Lyndin was loving seeing the baby. She told Grandma Cassi, Nan is going to have her baby soon and I'm so excited!
Parker started basketball!!! To watch him from week to week and see the improvement in him is awesome!! He is a great little point guard. His confidence is getting stronger and he is having fun.
On the 22-24 Ty and I celebrated our anniversary a little early. We went up to Salt Lake and stayed at Little America. We went shopping, ate food, and then just sat in our room and talked. It was so nice to have nothing to do. We definitely reconnected on a social level and part of that is because we didn't have the distractions of work and kids. It is definitely super important to spend one on one time with one another.
Emmy has been practicing painting nails. She has done mine, dads, grandma debbie's and her own. She likes to use a rainbow of colors. She is getting really good at doing it. Practice makes perfect.
The girls were playing house and it was dinner time. They had gold fish in the sauce pan. Emmy dished up and then said ok honey we need to say a prayer. They said a quick prayer and then went to eating their goldfish. So cute! I love seeing the little things we do as a family in their actions especially when it come to playing.
January 29-30 Addi had another volleyball tournament and this time I was one of the parents that was able to go. They played so well! They improved in those 2 weeks between tournaments. We went undefeated until the championship game. We lost to the team we played in the last tournament. They are a really good team. We played them this time much better than last. 2nd place isn't a bad place to be at all. Addi kind of struggled this time with knowing where her place was in rotations. She got a little flustered, but hopefully with time she will get more comfortable with the rotations.
Our anniversary was on the 31st which was a Sunday this year. Since we had celebrated it early we knew that it was going to be a quiet day. Parker wanted mac and cheese for lunch . I said how about I teach you how to do it. That is exactly what we did. With me guiding him and showing him how, he made mac and cheese for everyone. He was super proud of himself.
Later that night I got to thinking what are things that Ty and I do and one of those things is that we love to play rumicube together. It is game we got when we were first married and we have only played it with one another. It is always at night and it is always when the kids are asleep. So that is what we did for our anniversary, played rumicube. Happy anniversary to us!













































































No comments:
Post a Comment