The weather in the first of May was supreme! We have all loved being outside. I went and picked out some hanging baskets because I wanted the brightness of flowers.
A little dirt doesn't hurt right?
This is Jess and Mike's new puppy Cubby. He is only going weigh 4 pounds. I was super tempted to get a little Yorkiepoo once I held him. And I am NOT a dog person. I was telling Grandma Shelly about him and there were some Yorkiepoo puppies in Payson. Grandma was really tempted to get one and so we went and looked at them. She is getting one! He is all black and will be ready around Father's Day. We will babysit him during the day while she is at work. Addi is SO excited. He will only be about 4 pounds as well.
Taylor reported for Active Duty in March. But with all the shut downs because of COVID 19 he didn't have to leave the state of Utah. He then got his orders that he had to leave for Texas on May 9 and then head to Afghanistan after training there. We had lunch with everyone at Herb and Vicki's. He will be gone for about 9 months to a year. It was a little tearful goodbye. He will be missed.
Oh man... this guy I don't even recognize. I have never in the 13 years I have known him seen his hair this long or his beard. I don't like him having a beard and he knew it. Finally right before my birthday he shaved it off. Addi wanted to help him do it. He wanted to see if he could get it to look like Tony Stark. I think they did a pretty good job.
Then he and Parker went to get haircuts the next day. This is probably the longest Parker's hair has ever been too. The 5th of May some businesses started opening back up again. They have to just take precautions. The boys went right in for their hair cuts. This is their before and afters.
There's my boys!!
When Ty and I were first married we played lots of games. Usually on the wii, or card games. Someone for our wedding gave the game Rummikub for a gift. We played it a lot too. I got a us a new game of it because over the years we have lost some of our tiles. We love playing this game.
For my mother's day gift I wanted a hammock stand because I had gotten a hammock a couple years ago for a bday present. But we don't have any trees to hang it on. Dad did a great job building me one.
We had a teacher parade in the middle of the month. We weren't able to tell our teachers bye once Covid started. When we found out that they wouldn't be returning to school then the school decided to do a teacher parade. It was so fun!
Emmy's cute friend Brooklyn passed away unexpectedly last fall. It was Brookie's 5th birthday on the 13th and we went and heart attacked her home and left happy birthday notes for her family.
Perfect Chocolate face!!
We made a trip to Vernal the weekend before memorial day just mom and the kids to do graves and see friends. We hadn't seen Navy for a while and they saw each other and gave each other a big ol hug.
We went a walk with Grandma while there.
We were suppose to do an Walking with angles walk with Whitney and her family in Lehi. They were honoring the quads at the walk. Well with the Covid stuff it got cancelled. I decided to surprise Whitney with her own walking with angels team and do it at the cemetery where her angels are. I got us matching t shirts and everything. She started to cry and was so humbled that I remembered. It will be their first birthday in June. I am glad I have my team (mom and bre) who did the surprise with me.
Emmy got a good ouchie. She had a big band aid on it because it happened over at the neighbors. I took off the bandaid and saw this...
I don't know if the bandaid burned her or what because our neighbors said that is not how it looked when they put on the band aid.
We had a picnic at the cemetery before we decorated the graves. It is fun tradition and it was nice to go up when no one else was there.
And Kenadee comes with us wherever we go when we are in Vernal. We love it.
Lyn taking my picture while I take hers.
Yummy sno cones!!
We went to pick up the kids stuff that they had at school. They set it all up in the gym on tables by their classroom. I guess this is our end of year picture. It was a crazy year to say the least.
Elder Forsyth was a missionary that really bonded with our family. He was heading for home (Georgia) and asked if he could come by and introduce his family to us. We cooked dinner for his family of 6 and it was so good to see him before he headed home. He was in Roosevelt after he transferred from Spanish Fork.
Our bishopric did an ice cream truck for the kids of the ward. So fun!
We also had 4 seniors in our ward graduating. We did a drive by congratulations for them. With their parents they drove around the ward. We busted out our pots and pans for them.
For Memorial Day we went up to Provo to do our little staycation that we missed over Easter. The house we stayed at was just up from Grandma Shelly's house. Bre and Justin came out to play too. Lots of swimming going on.
On 25th was my Grandma Gardner's birthday. Found these gems at my moms. This is me when I was a baby. We sure miss her.
Lyn had a rough couple days and she cried herself to sleep for a much needed nap.
Emmy had her end of year dance recital. Only parents could come, but she nailed her routine.
We decided to buy a camper. I can't believe I am writing that. I have been against camping, but I did some self evaluation about it. I was always pregnant or had a little baby and got stuck back at camp. I didn't like letting them get super dirty either. Well we are out of that stage, and we are wanting to get the kids unplugged from wifi. We bought it on the 27th and went camping down to Bryce Canyon on 30th. It took me two full days to get it packed and ready to go. But it was well worth it. The kids had a blast with nana, grandpa and Jess. We can't wait to use it during the summer.
It's always a good trip when everyone falls asleep.
We still have our makeup beauty around too.


































































































No comments:
Post a Comment