With us getting into the rhythm of this new quarantine normal this is our month of April.
Park and Addi had a sleep over at Grandma's on the 31st and woke up on the first and played some April fools jokes on her. She had salt in her water and protein shake, and also peanuts where her EarPods for her phone go. Parker wrote about it in his journal for part of his homework that day.
Since grandma's is only out right now we love going up there. And I haven't gotten a picture of Lyn in her panties.
For our walk that day we went around Grandma's neighborhood and saw all the chalk art. They called it chalk the block. That gave me an idea for our neighborhood/ward.
This what I came up with and posted and shared it with others.
It gives people an out and something to do to serve others.
Emmy has loved giving dad massages with lotion lately.
Even though Parker didn't get to finish the month of March at school, we got this certificate in the mail. He was student of the month for March for being a hard worker.
I was having a rough day at home and Ty took me out for a date to find flour. I always have some downstairs in the cold storage and thankfully we have been stocked well with things since they have asked us to try and limit our trips to the store to once a week. But when i went down to check to see what we had or didn't have we had no more flour. Walmart was out, and Macey's only had a 50 pound bag and so that is what we got. He took me for a little drive around Spanish fork for our date and the sunset was beautiful. I had to take a moment and just count my blessing so that I could calm down.
Coloring outside both on paper and on sidewalk. We had to get ready for our art show.
We have found we love going over the the track at the Jr. High which is right by our house. The kids can run or play in the sand.
With us not being able to go to the movies we decided to have a movie showing of Onward at our house. Grandma and I went and got treats and tickets for the movie. We had the kids clean up the downstairs so they could earn money to buy their treats at the movie. Addi was in charge of making the tickets and taking our tickets once we got down the stairs. Grandma was the "lunch lady"as Emmy called her and took everyones orders. I let them to their seats and then we were ready for the movie. The kids had so much fun and they asked if every Friday they can go to the movies. Addi and Parker have already picked they they get to sell concessions.
We watched General Conference the first weekend in April like usual. Except everyone watched it from home and they didn't do it at the conference center. The 10 people or less was still in effect. They filmed it in a small room and prerecorded the music from the choir. The weather was great and so the kids played outside while listening to it and also flew their kites.
Sunday I made homemade oatmeal bake that was delicious that only dad and I ate. Grandma came over to do the hosanna shout with us. Which was a very special experience. Addi made a picture frame for grandma with the shells she collected while we were in California.
The messages from conference were full of words of peace and the love Heavenly Father has for us. The Prophet asked for us to do a global fast on good friday (the 10th) which is right before Easter.
The kids have started to feel really cooped up in the neighborhood. This is them not seeing each other in over a week. They made sure they were 6 ft apart.
Grandma also started a new job. I told her to go stand out front like I do with the kids on their first day and all the kids got in the picture with her. We claimed it was their first day of spring break.
Ty took Emmy and Addi to Vernal for Spring Break. It was fun to hang out with Parker and Lyn. We went on lots of walks with Grandma and we even got her to ride bikes with us. She said it had been years since she rode a bike.
We did an easter egg hunt in the windows. Parker colored this one. He did a great job.
Grandma's grey hairs were starting to show because she hadn't been able to go to her hairdresser. Her hairdresser made up some dye for her and she asked if I would put it on. You can just add hairdresser to my list of new things during this pandemic. I have become a teacher, a janitor, a lunch lady, and now a hairdresser.
We continued our Friday night movies. Everyone is taking turn with their jobs at the theater.
This picture is really pretty that I found off the internet.
Dying easter eggs!
Easter morning!
Amber gave the kids some of the her old animals and she lined up all up.
Emmy went with Grandma Shelly to Vernal for a quick weekend to see Breann for Nan's bday. The kids have been wanting to go for a 4 wheeler ride, but a lot of the trails were still closed so we took them over by the Payson dump to ride over the little hills. Lyn didn't like it and ended up in the truck with me.
It was dad's 37th birthday on the 19th!! We got him a carrot cake (which he loves) and hamburgers. He is our person that keeps us all happy. We are so lucky to have him in our lives. He works so hard so that we can have the things we do. He is sporting his quarantine haircut and beard.
On the 20th it was our friends birthday and we did a drive by parade for her. We were the only person that decorated their car. The kids had fun waving and honking at her.
This was on one of our trips to visit Grandma Shelly.
On the 20th was Nan's 28th bday. We were at Grandma shelly's house so I went through some pictures to send to Nan since we weren't with her. I told her she has always been my little side kick. A few of these pictures made me tear up because I miss my Grandma Gardner. She was always there for us at all of our things. Whether it was our birthday, softball games, dance recitals, or school things. She was our biggest cheerleader. This is at Breann's first birthday. I would have been close to 5 in these pics.
We got this cute little BYU cheer outfit from our neighbors. Emmy was super mad that she wasn't the cheerleader.
This ol blue truck is still kicking. It has many miles on it. The battery doesn't seem to last too long, but that doesn't stop them from wanting to drive it.
More adventures of home school. We got the orders after spring break that schools would not open for the rest of the school year. Made me pretty depressed. For the most part I have handled the stay at home initiative pretty well, but when things keep getting canceled or postponed it effects my mood. The kids have been champs at all the changes. They do keep saying they miss seeing their friends.
Another movie night in the books. Emmy got to be the "lunch lady"
Our little fashionista and her side kick.
We and the rest of the neighborhood started letting the kids play with one another. They have been playing outside almost everyday. It is so fun to see them all riding bikes, playing in the sprinkler, and just ping ponging between yards.
Our back deck was starting to look pretty sad. Dad being the great builder of anything built us a new one. It took him about a week to complete. It is so nice and so much bigger! I am grateful I have such a handy husband.



While at Grandma's house we had a little talent show. Grandma got out her flags, I got out my old pompoms from middle school and we showed them our talents. Parker did the worm, and emmy showed us her donut. Then she had to practice with the pompoms too.
Addi is getting so big. She is so responsible and is such a good girl to help out. She mows the lawn for us and we pay her $5. I sat and just admired her and had to take a picture. I think she has hit another little growth spurt. She is all legs.
My sweet Grandma Massey (my dad's mother) I have heard nothing but amazing compliments of what a great teacher she was.
A little neighborhood parade.
This little stinker got out of his pen. We had one sad little girl when she woke up and couldn't find him. Our neighborhood came through once again. They spent most of the morning out riding bikes and trying to find him. We took a break at lunch and then they all went out looking again. They found him about 3 blocks west. We couldn't believe how far he had gotten. We are blessed some really great friends.














































































No comments:
Post a Comment