May is always a super busy month for our family. It is filled with a few birthdays, mothers day, softball starting, end of school, and memorial day. It is always a fun month though too because it is so full of things.
For my birthday I got to go have a girls weekend in Park City with Whitney. Where she is pregnant with the quads we figured we needed some girl time before her life changes. We shopped and ate, then shopped and ate. We were able to chill and be. It was so nice an relaxing. Neither one of us really were quite ready to come home.
Grandma Shelly's birthday was on the 7th and we had to do our tradition of sending a video of the kids singing happy birthday. We do it for everyone in our family. No rehearsing and no second take. You get what you get. I snapped this picture while they were singing.
Addi is doing double duty this year with softball. She is playing rec league and hit squad. This is her rec team and she has had a lot of fun. Her confidence has really grown and she is having a lot of fun.
Parker loves to give Lyndin piggy back rides.
My 31st bday was on the 8th. My mom sent me all these pictures that morning. I got a little emotional seeing them. Because there are so many good memories behind them.
This one is us at the cabin up at Flaming George. Growing up I had many fun memories of going up there with my Grandma Gardner and family.
I love these special photos with my grandma gardner. She is who I am named after. She was our biggest cheerleader and we all knew we were her favorite.
And we can't forget the birthday souvenirs
Addi had a tournament up in South Jordan the weekend of the the 11th. Her cute team took first place in the silver bracket. It was quite the confidence booster for them. Addi has a good couple games too with good outs, and hits.
The Tesar's were at the same tournament but at different fields. We had to take a picture of these cute kiddos who were almost 4. We have a picture just like this one when they were weeks old.
I think I have pictures of all the kids riding on dad's shoulders while he mows the lawn. Perfect spot...
I had a good mother's day. The kids and dad made me some strawberries and cream per my request and then we went to church. Emmy and Parker both had talks in primary. I helped Emmy and dad helped parker. It was emmy's first time and I thought she would do great, but she got a little gun shy once she got up in front of the microphone. Addi made the all about my mom and I may have cried a bit when I read it. The part where she write about what I always say. Lyndin fell asleep with some of my chocolate I got as a treat in her hands. She was a mess! We then had our mom's over for dinner. Debbie wasn't able to come out, but nana and grandma shelly were able to make it. We love our moms and all they do for us.
Emmy's last day of school was the 15th. She told my mom when my mom asked her about her last day that mom is going to cry so hard when I don't have school anymore. She has loved having preschool and can't wait for it to start again. Miss Rhonda was an absolute gem. Next year Emmy will be going 4 days a week to get ready for kindergarten. WHAT?!?!
On the 16th Addi had pioneer day. She had been looking forward to this day for a long time. They had a little marketplace and could buy different things with pretend money they had been earning. She wanted to charge people to pet and hold rodger. We asked her teacher and she told us that would be fine. She got to take her lunch in a pail and also wear pioneer clothes that we borrowed from a friend. We then were able to go down to the school at watch her preform a little dance she had been learning. Then she was able to teach it to me. When she was telling us that she was dancing with a boy she said it's not that big of deal. Carter and I are just friends.. I can be friends with a boy. We said absolutely you can. She then told us some of her friends were grossed out that they had to dance with boys and she said I don't get what the big deal is. I hope she keeps that attitude.
On the 18th we had a girls trip up to Sandy to watch Matilda the play. We went to dinner before hand and we got to show Addi how we act when we are all together...silly.
We got Addi's certificated from the track meet. She is awesome!!
For Grandma Shelly's birthday we got her tickets to go see Derek Hough dance up in SLC. It was amazing!! We love our dancing! Rachel babysat for us and while we were there we got these cute pictures of the kids. They had made a blanket fort.
I had my mom take a book back to the library for me that she had borrowed. We happened to head up there too to check out some more books and we ran into her. When I saw her I started laughing so hard. We were dressed exactly the same, even in our arive jackets. Great minds think alike I guess.
I know I already showed a picture of Emmy on her last day, but the other kids last day was on the 24th. I love doing side by side pictures of them. Addi and Parker both had pretty good years. Parker had a bit of anxiety and stress, but by the end of the year he seemed to have calmed down. He got his report card and had all M's on it. When we asked him what M stood for he said magnificent! We said absolutely it does! It really means Master, but magnificent sounds a lot better. Addi earned her Doctorate Degree from Mrs. Perschon's class. There were different degrees you could earn throughout the school year, and we knew that the requirements were for each one. For the Dr. she had to read so many minutes a week, turn homework in, do service projects, be part of the reflections contest and also the track and field day. Addi received a special medal with her name on it. Way to go sister!!
Once school got out we got on the road to head to Vernal to watch Reagan graduate. I didn't snap any pictures of her, but it was a cold and rainy graduation.
While we were there we had our cute friend Kaija do our nails. It was super fun.
My sister happened to find these picture of me. Flash back for sure! One of me standing in the hall in my cheer uniform is from my senior year, and the other one is from my sophomore year. My graduation picture is with some of my good friends Lexi and Tiffany.
We went and decorated graves with my side of the family. Emmy was in Elmo with Grandma Cassi because Addi was suppose to have a tournament down there, but it got canceled with all the rain. Emmy was still insistent on going. She had a lot of fun playing with all the kids down there.
We have the picture with Addi standing by grandma Zora's headstone. The kids were big helpers on getting them all cleaned up and setting flowers. It's nice to show the kids how to be respectful of graves and talk about our memories of our ancestors.
When Emmy got back she opened up a present from nana and grandpa that had make up in it. She loved doing anyones make up that would let her.
Addi talked grandpa Larry into saddling up one of the mules for them to ride around the yard on. All the kids had huge smiles on their faces.
Lyndin got a black eye at our friends house after jumping on the tramp with her friends. It was a bad bruise. It took about 10 days for it to go away completely.
On the 27th we had a BBQ at Nan and Justin's house. His sister and her kids were there as well as his mom. We had our annual silly string fight. We love being silly!
May was full of actives, and now here we are almost done with June as I am finishing up this post. Summer is chuck full of things. School will be starting again so soon.





















































































No comments:
Post a Comment