Tuesday, May 21, 2019

April

Spring Break was the very first week in April. Dad had to go to Vernal to work and so we decided to tag along. We had fun playing dress up at grandpa's and also seeing Bella. Emmy now says she wants to be a hunter when she grows up. She wants to take her bella girl and go hunt bears and squirrels.   Eating ramen noodles at Grandma's and playing with cousins there too. 






We invited Kenadee to come out with us since she was on spring break too. We made salt dough, got cookies and donuts, playing with bubbles, going to This is the Place, Aunt nan coming out, and had lots of late nights. 




At this is the place it was baby animal days. The baby chickens were adorable! They had baby pigs, goats, rabbits, ducks, and sheep. Lyndin wasn't too sure about the baby chickens. 



























We then had conference weekend. The older kids spent that weekend with Grandma and loved having their own time with her. We decided to do a little foot soak towards the end of the last session. 


While at my moms I found some of my old pictures. Lexi White is still one of my friends to this day. I sent these pictures to her and we reminisced a little bit and commented on how lot of these peoples lives have changed and not necessarily for the better. Some have even passed away. The innocence of youth is a blessed thing. 



We had our first go of stitches with any of our kids with Miss Emmy. Her and Addi were outside playing on the tram while I was inside getting dinner ready. I was talking with Breann on the phone, and changing a messy diaper when Addi says mom here is a band aid for Emmy. Em is standing right by me not even crying. I look up at her and there is blood running down her neck.  I look at her chin and she has popped it open. I say out loud, I think we need some stitches, so that are hears me and next thing I know the phone when beep because she had hung up. 

Addi had been trying to help Emmy up onto the tramp by pulling her up. Well they both kind of slipped and Emmy hit her chin on the tramp frame. Complete accident. 

Ty wasn't home, so I called our neighbors down the street and she sent down her 12 year old to sit with the older kids while I took her in. I called Ty to tell him what was going on. He was suppose to be going to do some concrete lifting, but he was actually heading for home because he had forgotten his keys. (tender mercy) He told me that we could super glue it and I told him that I'll let the Dr. decide. 

We head to the Dr. and she hasn't cried at all at this point. She was so good at keeping the rag under her chin and was calm as could be. She did say once we got into the car though.. is the Dr. going to cut my neck off? Because the older kids were telling her that she was going to get a shot and to be brave. Once we get back to the room she climbed right up onto the bed and sat there till the dr came in. Emmy told us that she wasn't going to make it... total somberness in that statement too. We kind of laughed it off because who says that? 

They decided she did need a couple stitches instead of glue. They said we could go to the ER to get her sedated a bit more, or we could all tag team it and hold her down. We went for the second option. We get back there and when we had to numb her up it was the hardest thing to hear her cry out. She screamed and said that is enough!! Please stop!!! I was laying on her feet, Ty was on her chest, and a nurse was holding her head. I'm sure it freaked her out that we were all doing that to her. Ty once again says are you sure this is better than glue? I say stop it! She is 3! She won't leave it alone enough to heal if it's glue. Addi was able to leave it alone when she split her chin because she was old enough to understand. Glue definitely wouldn't have been as traumatizing, but stitch will definitely heal better.  

Once the medicine kicked in we had to talk her into laying back down so that we could close up the wound. She was still freaked out about the shot and we said no more shots!  We all got in our positions again and she was crying and telling to stop it. The  Dr. was trying so hard to hurry, but with emmy talking and crying she couldn't go super fast. Then next thing we hear is emmy say I'm going to pee my pants!! And that is real. When this girl gets mad and starts crying she does pee her pants. I tell everyone that we need to stop because she does need to go pee. The dr kind of gave me that look like seriously we are almost done. And I had to explain that she is being serious and not just trying to get us to stop. So we had to restart the whole process over again once she got back from the bathroom. Luckily it looked good enough after the second stitch.  

The dr gave us all ice cream coupons and we walked over and had a little date afterwards to help dry the tears. She was actually quite calm as we were leaving the dr.s office.  She will definitely tell you all about it and how she DID NOT like the shot. She only needed them in for 5 days. 






Mom and I were able to go see the BYU ballroom team do their showcase review. They did an amazing job and I leaned over to mom and told her that I really want Parker to learn how to ballroom dance. He says no way, but maybe I can do a little more persuading. 






Oh happy day for this girl! She has been saving her money for over a year to get a rabbit. I really thought she would loose focus, but she didn't. Very proud of her for being that dedicated to it. Meet Rodger the Rabbit. 




We were able to do an early easter egg hunt and nana's house. They had a blast finding all the eggs. 




















This little trike of ours has put on lots of miles. I have a picture of addi just about this age riding it in vernal. 


Citrus Pear has become my life saver. I go prep 20 freezer meals in 2 hours. They provide everything but the cooler to bring them home in. A new friend I met there and I were asked to be in their Instagram photo. 


3 guys on our street all share the same birthday month. We try to get together and do one big group date. We went axe throwing and then we went to Tucanos for dinner. Dinner was insane because it was prom as well. It was fun to sit and admire are the pretty dresses. 



We dyed easter eggs earlier in the week so that we could just have them ready to go. The kids always have fun doing it. 







We wrapped up soccer this month too. My cute boy still loves to play goalie. He was a lot more aggressive this year in trying to get the ball. He loves being able to play with his friends. 


Emmy and Emersyn love to play pretend. Emersyn loves to play doctor and I caught them playing it while they were over playing. 



Our dad celebrated his 36th birthday!! We love our dad and are so grateful for the joy and happiness he helps bring to our family. 


For the 3rd year in a row we decided to rent a place for Easter. This year was in Midway. We went up Friday the 19th and came home on Monday. The kids are already talking about where we can go next year. 









Easter morning was a big hit and they all had fun finding eggs and fruit snacks around the house. 











We had a come follow me lesson about becoming as a little child and being humble. They all earned metals for different characteristics. Joyful, thoughtful, helpful, and humble. I presented them with their metal and cheered for them. I asked for a picture of them all together and I love that you can see their personalities in it. 


Emmy got ahold of my phone and went on a photo shooting spree. This is the face she captured of Addi. 



Our two littlest ones can be quite the handful. They love to go sneak out and see Rodger out in the shed. They were being super quiet and I called to them to see what they were up to. Lyndin comes out looking like this and Emmy is already apologizing that she won't ever do it again. Yeah, it's sawdust. 


Our cute friend Charolette comes over to play sometimes and these two cuties were all about letting me take pictures of them. 




Emmy's imagination is something else. I love listening to her play pretend. Her and Lynni were going around the house shooting monsters. 





Spring decided to show her face for just a little bit and we decided to enjoy the beautiful weather by eating outside for lunch. 



Lyndin loves her nanny and loves when she brings Sparky along with her to soccer games. 


We also have started accelerated ball. They got new uniforms that look pretty sharp. We also have to make our own fun while we are out and about. The kids made their own shade. 

Our friend Mckenna Tesar from vernal was also playing in this south jordan tournament, but unfortunately not on our same field complex. We went over to watch her for a minute once we were done. 



Hitsquad ended up taking first in the silver bracket. Last tournament they didn't win a single game and this time we were on point and played so much better. Addi even double out in one of the games. 



Emmy always fights me to brush her hair and Lyndin hasn't ever had a hair cut. One day after fighting her once again on brushing it, I said that's it we are cutting it short. So the next day we did. With Emmy we cut about 5 inches and Lyndin it was just a clean up trim. It already has been so much nicer not fighting her with it. 











Addi had her track and field day on the 30th. She entered the same events as last year. The 50, 100, softball throw and was in a relay. She was a lot more relaxed this year about it. I told her that morning that we always do our best. That doesn't always mean first. 

She came in 5th in the 50, 6th in the 100. 












This little blue truck of ours has a lot of miles on it as well. Every year we have to break it out. 



We had another little come follow me lesson about the savior being our Shepard. We made our own little sheep to be shepards over. 


And we have to end with this beautiful pose of this girl. 




No comments: