I don't know if I have ever mentioned my older half brother Brock. My dad was married before and he and his wife a little boy. When he was born he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and did not receive that first breath of air for a little while. It made him handicap and he was not able to do a lot of thing for hisself. My dad has told me that he had a hard time holding up his head, and didn't talk much. He would grunt and made cooing noises. He also didn't ever walk or crawl.
When Brock was about 4 1/2 he was taking a nap with his mom and aspirated while sleeping and passed away. My dad became active in the church again after all this happened. He turned to the church for comfort and his wife felt a little abandoned and also blamed herself for having Brock die.
I have always loved hearing stories about Brock. For some reason I have always felt connected to him. I have felt more than once that I think he is my guardian angel, especially when I was younger. I am excited to meet him one day. When we were trying to decide on a name for Parker, we had actually decided on Brock. When we were talking about it and I had mentioned the name Brock, the spirit in the room became so strong that I started to cry and even Ty got a little emotional. We felt that for sure that was our little boys name. We even told family that his name was Brock Tyzack. But as we started to call our little boy Brock, it just did not feel like that was suppose to be his name. We changed it to Parker that morning we were leaving the hospital. I look back on that experience and I know that Brock was in the room with us. The feeling in that room was something so strong that I do know he was with us.
For my mom's christmas present this year, I organized all of her loose pictures. It took me quite a while because it had never been done. While going through pictures I found some of Brock and some scrapbook pages of his funeral and other pictures of him. Some I have never seen and I have never seen his obituary. I put them aside and gave the to my dad. He teared up a little when I gave them to him because he hadn't seen some of those pictures in a really long time.
As I was going through pictures and pictures, I loved running across pictures of my grandparents since all my grandparents have passed away. I found this one of my dad and Grandma Massey on his graduation day. It made me reflect on my grandma and how many memories we missed with her because she has been gone now about 15 years. Her funeral was on my 15th birthday. She was such a sweet lady and so mild. We almost named Lyndin's middle name Dawn after her because her name was Donna.
I love family history and the memories from long ago. That is why I have kept up with this blog because I do feel like these memories will be a treasure one day for my posterity.



No comments:
Post a Comment