Not going to lie, the month of May seemed to drag by so slowly. The kids were super excited to have school be out for the summer. We had Emmy's birthday in there too.
Addi made me a mother's day book that she wrote all by herself at school. Super cute! But this was the first page of the book. I got a good laugh.
The kids also started t-ball and coach pitch. This is Parker's first year being able to play on a team. He loves it and always asks when his next game is. They each have two games a week. We have been living at the ball park except on Mondays.
This is Parker's photo of the last day of pre-school. Miss Kristen did such an amazing job with him. He can write his name all by hisself and also he is starting to read. He can count to 100 already and he knows most of his shapes. He is SO ready for Kindergarten.
I found this paper of Addi's that she drew at the first of first grade. I love little keepsakes like this, but for me instead of keeping all of them and having to store them, I take a picture of it instead. I do keep a few of their papers, but I don't want boxes and boxes of papers.
Miss Lyndi is getting so strong! She LOVES to be on her tummy.
Parker had his pre-school graduation on the 18th. They did a little program for the parents. They sang songs to us and also recited the Pledge of Allegiance. He sang along to the songs so well. He also drew a picture of what he wanted to be when he grows up and he says he wants to be a Policeman. Don't know where that came from because he has never said that before. When we asked him about it, he said I didn't know what to put down. We then asked him what he really wanted to do when he grew up and he said NOTHING!! Then Addi pipes up and says so you are going to be a hobo? I started laughing out loud!
Lyndi is such a smiley baby! She loved looking at herself in the mirror.
Emmy and Addi had their check ups together. Emery weighed in at about 29 lbs. (84%) and is 34.25 inches tall (57%). Addi came in at 60 lbs (57%) and is 53.6 inches tall (86%) Still tall for her age. I guess they also do a Body Mass Index when they get older? I didn't know this, but she is in the 26% for her BMI. Addi had a couple of warts burned off of her wrist and she was so brave about it. The one did blister pretty bad. Hopefully we don't have to do that again because I don't think we will be able to get her to do it again. Other than that she is healthy as can be. Emmy is looking good too. Her herniated bellybutton still hasn't gone away and so we are going to go see a surgeon at Primary's a little later in the year. I haven't made the appointment yet. She did need to have one shot and was super upset about it. I think her feeling were hurt more than the actual shot. She wasn't too keen on letting the Dr. do his exam on her either. She is definitely a 2 year old.
The last week of school had some amazing weather. We got a tramp for Emmy's birthday and it has been the hit of the neighborhood. I peeked outside and realized even more kids had come over. We had 10 kids over at our house to play one afternoon. I secretly love it. I want our house to be a place were kids and people feel welcome. That is what makes it a home, not a house.
Oh my!! Emmy is such a messy eater. Ty and I alway rock, paper, scissors who gets to clean her up. Her new thing is if she really likes something she will lick the plate.
Last day of school for these beautiful girls. These are some of our neighbors that we carpool with. From left to right: Addi, Ashlyn Clegg, Paityn Clegg, Alivia Van Dyke, and Camryn Clegg. We are pretty lucky to have such a good neighborhood.
Addi on her last day of 2nd grade. This year she has really bloomed into being a more confident person. She loves art, and is getting much better at her reading. She is starting to not want me to do her hair, and her clothes have to be a bit baggy on her. She does not want tight shirts on and also no tight pants. We both have had to compromise on a few things about that. She is a whiz when it come to her spelling words. She is also really good at Math. She is getting better at telling time on an analog clock. I was talking with her the other day and we were having a full on conversation about different things. It made me stop and go.. when did you get so grown up? She is starting to notice peoples feelings, and is also aware of people around her that may need help. We really want our kids to be helpful to others and have charity towards them. She is definitely ready for 3rd grade.
This little blue truck of ours has had many miles put on it and we also are draining the battery daily because they drive it around the neighborhood so much. All the neighbor hood kids pile into it and drive up and down the street. Emmy is always up for a ride in it too.
The day after school got out we had a kick off to summer party at our house. We rented a bounce house and invited our neighbors over to have a pizza, popsicle, pool party. They kids played on it ALL day long. Totally worth the money and we also were able to spend some time with friends. The weather was absolutely perfect!! I think this will definitely become a yearly thing.
Our dad built us some shelves in our garage. Of course he had some great helpers around to help him. I need to get a picture of the finished product.
These next few pictures are pictures from Parker's school that his teacher posted on their class site.
And then we have miss em em again.. Seriously though this girl is busy busy and all girl. She wanted to do my hair one morning.






















No comments:
Post a Comment