Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Addilynn Zora turns 8

You were so so excited for your birthday. What kid isn't?  I felt really bad this year because you wanted to do a party, but with the arrival of your little sister I had to tell you that we couldn't this year. You were a really good sport about that and I appreciate that more than you will ever know. You had been also talking about for months about going to Hang Time for your birthday. That is exactly what we did. You had fun, but there were almost too many kids there that day because you birthday happened to land on a Saturday this year. We asked you what you wanted for dinner and you told us crab, shrimp, baked potatoes, and rolls. You got mostly all of that minus the crab part (it was just too pricey to get). We got you your second favorite sea food, salmon. Our family was there to celebrate with you as well as Grandma Shelly, Grandma Debbie, Nan, & Justin. It was a quiet night spent with family playing some of your new board games you got from Grandma Shelly, and you showing us magic tricks. Grandma Debbie got you a lego set and you spent all morning putting it together. You did 95 % of it all by yourself. Also for your birthday cake we got Krispy Kreme dough nuts. They were quite delicious and you had 3 of them. We had a fun day celebrating a day all about you.
















Addi, 

You are still my little spit fire of a daughter, but you are starting to mature so much. You and I have a very open/honest relationship. You ask me questions and I tell you the truth about things, and vise versa. We do tend to butt heads sometimes, but for the most part you and I talk our way through most situations (both good and bad). I hope and pray that is how our relationship will always be. I want you to know that I am always here for you and will always answer your questions about anything. You and your dad still have a special bond that no one can break. You are still a daddy's girl and I don't think that will ever change. I don't know if I have ever mentioned that when I told your dad that I was pregnant with you, he knew it was a little girl. He has a special place in his heart for you. You still love to snuggle him at night and in the mornings. You also know that he will always play with you. You are also such a big help to your dad and I. You have taken on the role of big sister and you do it so well. You are my extra set of hands and most of the time you help me without complaint. You are also such good friends with your little brother. He looks up to you so much and you two are so fun to watch play together. You both boss each other around (even though you get your way most of the time).  Emmy also loves to play with you. She knows that you will take the time to play with her. She can say your name now. She will either call you sis, or Addi. You are so tender with Lyndi too. You are great at helping me feed her and hold her when she is sleeping. 

A few things about you right now are:

You are an amazing lego builder. You can follow the instructions so well. 
You are getting so good at reading. I love listening to you read. 
Spelling words for you are always a breeze. 
When you grow up you say that you want to be a magician. 
You still do not like to be center of attention in groups. 
You love to play with the neighborhood kids. 
I'm not sure who your best friend is right now. You are great at having lots of friends and not just a few. 
You are still super active and great at sports. 
You have started to sing along to songs and dance with them (as long as no one is watching)
You still have lots and lots of stuffed animals. 
You are also still a pack rat and have so many treasures. 
I love that you still sleep with bat and richard every night. 
Grandma Shelly is still ranked number one in your book above anyone else. 


You are my first born and I am sorry that you are our trial and error child. You are the one though that made me a mother. I will never be able to express well what a special place you have in my heart. I can't believe how fast these 8 years have gone by and I know it is only going to speed up. Please know that we love you and that we are so proud of the little lady you are becoming. 


No comments: