On January 3rd, the kids were suppose to go back to school. We woke up to about 10+ inches of snow. School was delayed by 2 hours because there was just so much snow to be plowed. Ty was outside for about 4 hours helping get our neighbors driveways plowed and our own.
All my kiddies have played with this pair of glasses. I got a new pair last year and Emmy broke them. But for some reason these ones have made it through 3 kids. I am so surprised. I think I have a picture of each of them wearing them too.
On Martin Luther King Day the kids didn't have school and Ty didn't have work so we decided to go up to the ice castles in Midway that afternoon. We have never been, but have been wanting to almost every winter. This year we made it happen, thanks to my mama for getting us the tickets. It was a beautiful day, but man once the sun started to set it got CHILLY really quick. The kids probably could have lasted another 30 minutes or so, but us adults were wimping out. It was beautiful up there and something different to do with the kids.

My kids LOVE legos. Their love of legos comes from their dad. He was a master lego builder back in the day and he has quite a few sets of legos that he has kept. He is pretty particular in what ones the kids can play with an what ones they can't. There are more on the can't side, but hey I know how long those things can take and kids can demolish them in about 5 seconds. Ty got a lego set for Christmas from my mom and it is a bank. It had about 2,000 pieces, and each level can be taken off and you can look inside the bank. There is a vault, a teller line, an office, and also on the roof the windows open it. It is way neat. The kids were so excited to see that dad got a lego set and wanted to help him build it. This took a lot of patience on dad's end. He was pretty stressed about letting the kids help because there were so many little pieces and he is a pretty particular guy when it comes to building legos. They all finally learned how to handle each other, and every night after dinner they would build the bank. It took them about a week. It was so cute to see them interact together. They were all so proud of the finished project. Dad has it at work on display. (and to keep it from getting destroyed)
This little stinker seemed to turn full on toddler in the month of January. Making tons of messes, busy as a bee, and sassy. She is really starting to pick up on words and jabbers constantly still. She is hilarious and her personality is so care free. I hope she stays like this. I have mentioned it to Ty over and over that I am loving this stage she is in. She loves to dance, play pretend with our little toy house, follow the kids everywhere, take baths, help with dinner, go outside, and once dad gets home she does not leave his side. She is starting to be shy around strangers, but doesn't take long for her to warm up around them.
Dad had an overnight scout camp the middle of January, so Grandma Shelly came over for a sleep over. We had a pizza party Friday night, and then we played games most of Saturday morning. Addi got these big cards for Christmas and so we played go fish with them. We don't know what we would do without Grandma Shelly. She comes to the rescue quite often.
Parker and I were able to go on a double date with our friends Mila and Kayla. We went to dinner, got ice cream and then went to Shrek the play. Park and I used to be quite the pair before Emmy came into the family. We used to do a lot of things just he and I. I loved being able to spend some one on one time with him that night. He is my baby boy, and such a sweet little guy.
Man that last month of pregnancy is rough. I felt bad for my family because I was so uncomfortable and had not a lot of energy. Most days I could a few chores and then I needed to rest. My back by the end of the day killed too. I was not able to hold Emmy very well either. This is a picture of her and I trying to snuggle. I couldn't hold her on my lap and so she had to sit next to me.
On January 30 we went to the circus up at UVU. Addi got some free ticket vouchers at McDonalds and so she was bound and determined that we needed to go to the circus. We haven't been to the circus in a LONG time. I don't think Parker has ever been to one. Emmy loved it because of all the music and animals. Addi loved all the animals, and Parker liked the dirt bikes in the cage. Addi and Grandma Shelly stayed for the entire thing (that didn't get over until 10) and the rest of us went home at intermission.
On the 31st my sweetheart and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. We didn't have much planned because we knew little babe could be arriving at any time. We did make it to dinner and we went up to Sundance Resort. It was a quiet atmosphere and we were able to have an adult time. We didn't feel rushed, and were able to discuss us, the kids, work, home life, and our future. Who would have guessed that we would be 9 years later we would almost be a family of 6. I am forever grateful that I have chosen him to love.





















No comments:
Post a Comment