Monday, February 27, 2017

Baby Jensen #4 is here

                           It all started on Tuesday, February 7 early in the morning. I had been having high blood pressure (big surprise) since my 35 week check up. I was doing weekly non-stress tests at the hospital to check on the baby and to monitor my blood pressure. Those tests were only about 45 minutes and my blood pressure would always be high when I first got there, but after being there for a bit it would come down. I went in on the 7th to have a NST done, and then I was going to head to my dr. appointment right after. I was 37 weeks and was already dilated to a 3 and about 40% effaced at this point. I had been super duper uncomfortable and deep down I knew baby would be here within that week.

My mom had come down to watch the kids that morning. My NST was at 8:30 in morning and what is weird is that I had been doing all my other ones late in the afternoon, but for some reason I scheduled their first appointment that morning. I get there and my blood pressure was high. 140/96. Baby was healthy and heart beat was strong. My blood pressure was not coming down that morning though. So my tech that was doing the test called my Dr. and he wanted me to go up to Labor and Delivery to be monitored for a bit longer. I made all the phone calls I needed to like to my mom, Ty, and then to my Dr.'s office telling them that I wasn't going to make it to my appointment. It kind of worked out for the best because I guess my Dr. was coming up to the hospital to do an emergency C-section so they were going to need to reschedule me anyways. I was able to talk to my Dr. for just a minute before I headed up to L & D and he asked me how far along I was and I told him 37 weeks and he said well that kind of makes our decision a little bit easier because you aren't 34 weeks. He said he would check on me after he was done with his C-section. 

I head up there, do the check in, get all situated,  and then sit and wait and sit and wait. I told Ty not to worry about coming over quite yet because I was just being monitored and there wasn't anything he could do there anyways. He was pretty hesitant, but I reassured him I was fine and that if something changed I'd call him. My blood pressure was not coming down to where it should be. I'd have one semi good reading and then the next one would be sky high, then repeat. And the sad thing is I was literally just laying there, reading my book. By now it is about 11:00 am. My nurse said she was going to go see if she could get a hold of my Dr. and see what he wanted to do. Sure enough, he wanted to induce me. I had tested group B positive (infection in my cervix) and they needed to have an antibiotic in me for at least 4 hours before the baby could be delivered. He told the nurse to start me on the antibiotic and then at 5:00 pm start me on pitocin and then he would be in after clinic to break my water. Once, again I make the phone calls to my mom and Ty telling them that baby was for sure coming that day and I would keep them posted. I still told Ty to stay at work and do what he needed to do because I was still going to be sitting there while I was receiving the antibiotic. I started the antibiotic about 1:00 pm. 

Ty got to the hospital about 3 because he had to finish up a couple things at work and then he needed to go down to the house to pick up my bag. Luckily I had already packed it! At 5:00 on the dot we started pitocin. I had them start my epidural right after that because I had told them how quickly I tend to deliver and that usually the epidural doesn't work fully because I progress so quick. It was nice to not feel the contractions this time there at the beginning. About every 30 minutes they would up my dosage on the pit and about 6:30 I was really starting to feel the contractions again. My dr hadn't arrived yet to break my water, but at least I was still getting started with the process. He arrived about 7 to break my water, and I was at a 5 by then. After he broke my water, I started getting pretty intense contractions that I could feel and so they gave me a higher dose of the epidural. I looked at the clock about then and told my nurse that the baby would be here between 8 and 9. She kind of looked at me funny and I said mark my words, once I get to a 7 I deliver really quickly after that. For some reason after my water broke things progressed differently that I had been used too. I have never gone into shock before labor, but my body went into shock after my water broke. I couldn't quit shaking. I was getting pretty aggravated because I could feel the baby dropping (super super uncomfortable) and my body wouldn't stop shaking. I felt like I had no control and that was making me pretty cranky. I normally am pretty quiet during labor, but not this time. I kept saying UGGGHHHH!!! At 8:15 I had her check me and she said I was at an 8, and so she started to get the room prepped and all that fun stuff. I told Ty to send out the text that baby would be here soon. My dad, and his mom were already on their way out. Herb & Vicki were going to head down once they got the come on down text and my mom was going to do the same. 

At 8:30 I told my nurse that I was feeling even more pressure than I had been feeling. She checked me and sure enough I was a 10. She didn't even have me do a practice push because I think the baby was already crowning. She called in Dr. Anderson, he suited up, sat down and said Ok.. let's get this baby here. I pushed twice and out came baby at 8:57 pm. Everyone in the room knew that we didn't know the gender of the baby and that we thought it was a boy. The next thing I hear from my Dr. is.... Well, there are no boy parts on this baby. I look at Ty and his face is full of surprise and he then turns to me and says, "Honey, it's a girl!" 

I lost it! I always cry a bit when my babies are born, but this time I was literally crying into my hands. I was so blown away that it was a girl, and then the other part of me was super worried how Parker was going to react because he was so sure it was a boy. It took me a few minutes to settle down, but once they put her in my chest I started to cry again. Ty and I had been saying earlier that week.. what if it is a girl? We both would kind of go nah... and so to hear that a baby girl was here was so so shocking. She weighed 7.5 pounds and was 19.5 inches long.

Some of our family was there by then and Ty walked out to see if our kids were there yet. We had decided that we weren't going to tell anyone the gender until our kids met the baby first. The kids weren't there quite yet, and when Ty stepped out his mom said what is the baby? He said I'm not telling you yet. She flipped out on him for a minute and he said nope you can wait. She wasn't too happy with him. The kids got there about 15 minutes later and I started to tear up when I could hear them in the hall. And by now my body has gone into full blown shock and I was shaking even harder than I had been earlier. My body always goes into shock after labor, but this time the shaking was even more intense because I had been shaking already. My nurse told me that the baby descended quickly and that is probably why I was going into shock while in labor. I was still pretty aggravated with my body because I was trying not to shake and that almost would make me shake harder. UGGHHH! 

Ty had all the kids gather around him and he showed them the baby. Addi asks him what the baby is and he says that they have another sister. Addi response was the same at it was with Emmy... I have another sister? Parker's back was turned to me but I guess he gave this really weird look to the baby and then to Ty... like WHAT?!?! He had to process it for a minute and then he says, ohhh she is so cute! BIG relief for mama. I'm trying to film Ty showing the kids the baby and the phone was shaking because my hands were shaking. I haven't even watched the video to see how bad it was. The next day when they came to visit me at the hospital Parker told me, Mom I was just kidding about the baby being a boy. He sure loves his sisters. 

The kids step outside the room and by then all of our family was there. The kids walk out and say, It's a girl!! I heard my mom say, nu-uh you are joking right? And Addi tells her no, it's really a girl. I wish I could have seen everyones faces right then. All of them were blown away too. Such a fun fun moment. I am so glad we waited to find out the gender. Especially since it really was such a surprise for everyone. With Emmy we kind of knew it was a girl, but with this one almost everyone was wrong haha! It was nice to have all of our family there to enjoy such a special moment welcoming this baby into the world. 

No complications came after delivery this time because they had given me some medicine almost immediately after I delivered that would help my body to keep contracting. They also had me do a slow slow drip of pitocin to keep me contracting too. I finally stopped shaking about 11:00. I was worn out to say the least. 

We had absolutely no idea what we want to name this little one. We had like 8 boys names, and 2 girl names on a list. She wasn't either of the girl names, and we had no other really in mind. We finally got it narrowed down to 3 names: Lyndin, Brynn, and Sadie. Lyndin was on our list when I was pregnant with Emery, but the other names weren't. The middle name we like to pick someone that we want to name them after. The middle names we had picked were: Lyndin Dawn (after my grandma, Donna Massey), Sadie Jane (after Ty's grandma, Jane Wall), and Brynn Sydney (after the place Ty served his mission). We got our family's opinion and we narrowed it down to Lyndin and Sadie. I was leaning more towards Lyndin, and Ty was leaning more towards Sadie. I liked that we could call her Lyndi. Then all of our girls had a nickname they could go by, or they can chose to go by their given name. I asked Ty why he liked Sadie, and he said he wasn't necessarily partial to Sadie. He was more partial to the middle name Jane. He then started to tear up and told me that there about 3 people that were super influential in his childhood and later on in his life and one of those people was his grandma. She pretty much raised Ty because his mom was super busy holding down 3 jobs, and trying to be a single mom. I told him I didn't care what her middle name was as long as it meant something to us. He said well that isn't fair because your grandma was a neat lady too. I told him that even though she was a fantastic woman,  she didn't have the influence on me like his grandma did on him. No one in his family has used the name Jane either as a middle name. 

Welcome to our family
Lyndin Jane Jensen! 











1 comment:

The Normans said...

I've been waiting to hear the birth story!! So glad things went well. Sometimes I shake before and after I deliver. I hate it so bad!! I'm glad she is here healthy and strong and I'm glad you didn't have any major complications!