Friday, September 9, 2016

August


Where did summer go? It flew by for us. Granted the month of July was kind of a dud because I was down and out on the couch or bed most of the time. But the weather has already started to cool off now that it is September. August had very full weekends that is for sure. 

This little chica loves to push around cars. Her little personality is really starting to come through. She is such a little ham and is so happy.  She is also a jabber box like non others. She has started to say MOMMMYYY! All day long! It's mommy for everything. She does understand a lot of what we are saying though.She also says baby, puppy, what's that, hi da, and sometimes we can get her to say sis. She also has been able to say Jesus for a LONG time.  We can tell her to do certain things like where's your shoes, or where's your blanket and she gets them. She LOVES her shoes. She also is starting to get a little bit of an attitude on her. She knows she is that baby of the family and gets what she wants most of the time. We all laugh at her all day long. She is definitely a little busy body. 


She loves to be outside. She sat out on our deck like this for about 10 minutes, enjoying life. 


She grabbed her blanket and milk and snuggled right on up with Parker. She doesn't usually snuggle up to him, but he LOVES to love on her. Precious moment for sure. 


The first 2 weekends in August we were busy with wedding receptions for Jessica and Mike. 
Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of the reception. When we went down for the St. George one though we met up with one of Ty's old co-workers that lives down there now and they took us out on their boat. The kids hadn't ever been on a boat and you should have seen their smiles. They had a blast. 





After a busy 3 day weekend they all zonked out in the car after being in the car for 15 minutes. Definitely a quiet ride home. 


Parker had my phone one night and he snapped this picture of Addi. I love that the kids love to play outside. I think that is why I have such a hard time with winter is because we don't get to be outside. It helps all of our moods for sure. 


Other adventures outside... water + dirt = mud


Because dad always needs help mowing the lawn. 


Emery had her 15 month check up on the 22nd. They had chairs in the waiting room and she thought she was pretty big stuff. She weighed 23 lbs (about 50%) and is almost 30 inches (23%). She is definitely our shortest and chunky little one. But ohh she is just so cute! 


We went to back to school day with Addi and I caught this moment between the girls. It is so interesting to see how much softer Addi is with Emmy. There really is such a special bond between sisters. I have it with my little sis too. I hope they always realize how special that bond is. 


On the 23rd Addi started 2nd grade. 2nd grade?!? That means she gets baptized this year. I'm still in denial she is that old already. She has a team teacher pair this year, Mrs. Beatty and Mrs. Holt. She was excited to start and is doing well so far. I hope she keeps up with the good attitude towards school. She was excited to see all her friends for last year and it was cute to see how many kids were excited to see her as well. I know she is tall for her age, but to see her around other kids really shows me how tall she really is. She is still at least a head or so taller that most kids. This year I had to buy her leggings size 10/12 just for the length. I then have to safety pin her waist because she is so thin. She also was complaining of her knees hurting the other night. I asked her if she had been drinking much milk and she had told me no. I then told her that when I was young my knees would hurt when I was growing and when I hadn't had enough milk to drink. Crazy to see the things you struggled with in your kids. 




When Addi brought her backpack home Emmy thought it was the coolest thing ever. It is the size of her but that didn't stop her for wearing it. 



For FHE we went raspberry picking in Mapleton. I had heard about the patch from my neighbor. I thought it would be fun for something different and I figured the kids wouldn't very long, but we ended up staying there for over and HOUR and picking 4.5 lbs of raspberries. They had rows and rows of raspberries. They also had buckets there for the kids and adults to use. We all had so much fun. It was quiet there and also who could pass up fresh raspberries? YUMMY! We definitely want to get back there before the frost comes. 





I love this picture of my mom. There is something so peaceful about it. 





This picture was after a rough day with Emmy. She was just a spit fire all day long. By the end of the day I was at my wits end with her. But when I walked into check on her before I went to bed I was overcome with how much love I have for her. I love seeing my kids sleep. Just being able to ponder them while they are still is something very special. 


Oh and a little update on baby bean #4... things are going much better. Finally feeling energy and food finally sounds appetizing. At my last appointment the heartbeat was 153. We aren't going to find out what we are having again. :) Still seems a little surreal about this baby. I felt little flutters when I was about 13 weeks every so often. Now that I'm 16 weeks I'm starting to feel them a little more. What a miracle babies are. 

No comments: