Monday, April 6, 2015

Aulani

At the end of January, Ty got drawn from a lottery at work for a $5000 travel voucher. We weren't expecting this at all. We had a year to use it, and it didn't have to be used all in one place. We threw around some ideas of places we could go. Like splitting up the money and going different places, or staying on the park when we go to Disneyland. 

I got thinking of places that we wanted to go then. Our friends the Phillips has gone to Aulani last year and they had said it was one of their funnest trips. I looked into it and told Ty that we should try and go there. But the only stipulation was that I wanted to go before the baby arrived and before I got too big to travel. I looked up prices and it was cheaper to go in February because it was the off season. I called Whitney Phillips to see if they would go back and she said she would. I told her she should try to come with us. And guess what?! They were able to make it work and they came with us too. We booked a trip the trip to Hawaii and we were going to leave in 3 1/2 weeks, February 23- 28 is how long we were going to be there.Talk about spur of the moment. Since we booked kind of late the only rooms they had left were ocean view rooms, darn it :).  

It seriously was one of our favorite vacations. We did absolutely nothing except relax and spend time with one another. The pools were awesome and warm. They weren't deep at all and so we weren't freaked out when our kids would go near them. We followed the kids around and did whatever they wanted to do. They had beach toys we could play with for free, life jackets, towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, and anything else you would want to do on the beach (some things you did need to pay for). We saw Mickey & Minnie, Goofy, Stitch, and Chip & Dale. 

It was so nice after lunch we would head up to our room and let the kids take a nap, and then we would head right back out and start to play again. The kids are still talking about it, and can't wait to go back some day (I can't wait either) But it will be a while though because I want baby #3 to be just a little bit older. It was nice to spend some time with our kids and not have the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It was much needed. 

Aulani is so family friendly and was one of kind. Way to go Disney!! 






















Parker wanted nothing to do with Stitch. He hid from him behind a palm tree. 



Whitney was pregnant with her baby #2. She was about a month ahead of me. 




Addi loved to snorkel. 


Casch and Parker are only 3 days apart in age. They were quite the little pair playing together. They loved to play in the sand. 


1 comment:

The Normans said...

How fun for your family!! What a great time to do it before baby #3!!