Thursday, March 12, 2015

February

January was our calm before the storm. February was crazy busy and flew by.

We had some little Valentine mini's done of the kids. I haven't had their pictures done in quite a while, so I figured why not?






Addi turned 6 this year. We have been counting down the days for this since about October. She was so super excited. She had her first friend birthday party the Monday before her bday. I realized after everyone left that I didn't get a single picture of them. Whoops!  We deicide to do a pajama and pancake party for Addi. The girls would come in their pi's and more or less just play. I didn't have any games planned for them and I figured they would make their own fun. Which they did. 3 of her friends from her class came. As a mom I worried that no one would come, but half of them did. You always want your kids to have friends. 

One of the girls we invited to her party, is let's say the bully of the classroom. Addi has come home telling me how mean Annie was as school that day. I have told her that we still need to be nice to Annie, but you don't have to play around her if she is mean. We don't need to be mean back though. When we asked Addi who she wanted to invite to her party, she named of the girls I knew were her friends. Dad, being the good guy that he is, asked her if maybe she should invite Annie. She gave us that look like, "WHAT?!?!" Ty then explained that he thought it would be a good idea and that Annie still needs friends. Addi mulled it over for a couple minutes and then told us that she wanted to invite her, but  that we needed to make sure we kept our eyes on her so that she didn't hit anyone. As the party came closer we handed out invites, got a couple RSVP's and then I got a text from Annie's mom. She asked if it would be ok if she was late to the party, and that if she (the mom) could stay at the party with her. I told her of course, that wouldn't be a problem at all. I was quite surprised that Annie was coming to tell you the truth. The day of the party her little friends came and it was so cute to see them all interact. Annie did end up coming just a little late, and her mom did end up staying. We sat down and started to chat (the mom and i). Come to find out Annie has Austism, and when she gets over whelmed she tends to lash out violently. They have had to leave birthday parties in the past because it was so over whelming to her. That is why her mom came with her. She then said, " thank you for inviting Annie to Addi's party. This is the first party she has ever been invited too. My husband started to tear up when I told him where she was going. We know that Annie is rough and mean sometime, but thank you for looking past that." I sat there a little speechless. I wasn't sure was to say beside, "you're welcome" Annie did great and she had a fun time with the girls. Since there was only 4 of them they all played so well together. It was such a good life lesson for me. You truly don't know what is going on in someones life, and we should never pre judge. 


On the 18th Addi woke up super early and asked, "Is today my birthday?!?" When we told her yes, she got this huge smile on her face. When I dropped her off at school, she saw one of her friends and said, "Hey William, today is my birthday!" She had a smile on her face the entire day. When everyone asked me what they should get her, I gave them a few options and added legos in there too because the kids have loved them lately. I guess legos were the go to toy this year. Addi got 7 new sets of legos. She has had fun building them though. 

She really wanted a Frozen cake, but they didn't have them at the store. Bummer! She went with Sponge Bob instead. Once again, I took videos of her bday but not a lot of pictures. My mom did that and I didn't get her pictures yet. 

I can't believe my baby is 6. She is growing and learning so much. She is doing well at school. Math seems to come really easy to her. Reading... not so much. She is too impatient for it. She is doing well though. She loves to climb trees, play outside, go for bike rides, and play with Parker. Her all time favorite person is still Grandma Shelly. She is excited for the new baby to get here, and is always telling me things that we need to get ready for the baby. She likes to feel the baby kick. She is going to be one helpful big sister (she already is) . Her favorite foods are: spaghetti, life cereal, ramen noodles (when I asked her what she wanted for dinner on her bday that is what we told me she wanted, I suggested that was something she could have for lunch), salmon, shrimp, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, and Pringles chips. She still sleeps with her bat, and blankets. Richard is part of her nightly crew as well (I need to get a picture of him). She still loves things that she can pack around, and little knick knack things. She still loves to snuggle her dad and is a daddy's girl through and through. She still is super tall. She is in size 7/8 clothes and comes up to my chest. I don't know where to stop when I talk about her. She has grown up so much in this past year and I will probably be saying the exact same thing next year. 



And here is another little belly pic. I haven't done as well this time taking pics, but at least I have a few right? 


Here she is building and completed on her of lego sets. 



1 comment:

The Normans said...

I can't tell you how much I love the story about Annie!! You and Ty are such wonderful parents. Teaching your kids to open minded and kind... You are just amazing!!