Oh my dear sweet daughter.. what a feisty little girl you are. Even when she was a baby all the older ladies in our ward would comment on how much of a spit fire she was and she was only 9 months old. Things have definitely escalated a bit and she is even more of a spit fire. When people she doesn't know come up to her to say hi she will look at them with a scowl and say "NO!" or "DON'T". She does not like people messing with her stuff (which is bat or blanket) she gets pretty mad if someone tries to touch it. I feel so bad at church when the little ladies come up to her and try to say hi and she gets feisty and says no. Today at church another little boy she is in nursery came up next to her in the foyer and she didn't want him next to her so she said NO, and when he didn't move she slapped him. I was mortified. I instantly walked over and MADE her hug him and say sorry. Why is it they will say sorry for little things, but when they need to say sorry it is like pulling teeth? Geeze...
She is also so so so so so..... busy!! She will watch movies, but usually that is only when she is in need for a breather. When we go over to other peoples house she will sometimes act like a wild child and is all over everything. But then other times she plays just fine. I feel like others look at me like "Are you going to control her?" I guess I'm just kind of at wits end. I don't know when it is time to really make her calm down, or to just let her be herself? I mean she is only 2, but I know she understand a lot. So where is the line drawn? I feel like others may look at me like I don't discipline or don't handle her well. The joys of parenthood right? I just have to vent for a minute.
Any advice would be nice to hear since each day is always a new adventure with a toddler right?
4 comments:
Chels -
Don't let this overwhelm you cause the older she gets the more she will change and the different the questions will be! She is only 2 and it is a handeful but you take care of her and disipline her the way you need too not to what other people feel! Good luck!!
I hear you! Karsyn is turning into a little monster! She used to be so calm and all of a sudden she is throwing fits and screaming like a mad woman! But, its just a phase! Makynlee went through it too. As far as the being busy, it totally wears you out, but it's ust their personality :) By the way the hair cut pictures are so awesome haha! I love it, that is hilarious! You have a CUTIE on your hands :) Hope you are all doing well!
I hear ya during conference we were at my sister-in-laws and all the kids were coloring while we were trying to watch conference but Takoma would grab the crayons and would draw all over her cousins pics or she would eat the crayons. I kept on telling her you cannot color on those pics and don't eat the crayon then she would hit me or her cousins and that did it I grabbed her and told her we were leaving I was about in tears cause I wanted to watch conference but Takoma was just being a bumb anyways camerons mom came up to me and gave me a hug and said she's just a little girl and so innocient(sp)please don't think we are judging you. All kids do this but they will grow out of it. She helped my alot and made me realize I was expecting to much of my little girl. anyways sorry that probably didn't help I guess I needed to vent to. Addi is such a cute girl and I hope everything starts working out. Let me know if you need anything. We really need to get together and have our girls play with each other. I'm not sure if I have your number but if you could send it to me I'll call you if you want to text it to me mine is 801 450 5176. Have a good week.
I feel like that all the time, like no matter how I handle the situation someone is going to judge me for it! =o) You are always welcome to come to our place and she can terrorize all she wants! Adam could use the play time.
Anytime you want to hit the park again, we are up for it. I drove by Maeser Elem. and the playground is fenced in. Hallelujah. She can't jump fences yet, right?! =o)
Post a Comment