Saturday, January 8, 2011

book reviews...

I love reading. I got my Kindle for my birthday and I have had to limit myself on how many books I can buy. I read books so fast that the money can definitely add up quickly. I love how you are able to forget about the stresses of life when you read. It is definitely one of my past times and the time just flies by when I read. With my Kindle these are just a few books I have read... 


Flying Home by Rachel Ann Nunes


Rachel Nunes is truly one of my most FAVORITE authors. 
I have read almost everyone of her books and never
have been disappointed in them.
They are just those cleans books that have a good message to them. 

Remember Me by Mary Higgins Clark 

I usually love her books, but this one just had a weird vibe to it. 

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

I had a hard time getting into it at the first. It was kind of slow, but 
after the first couple chapters it got SO much better. 

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield


This was an interesting book. The story line is just different, but a good 
different. 

The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt

It was a shorter book that I thought it would be. 
It was an easy read and was cute. 




I just started The Imperfectionist by Tom Rachman
I'll let you know how it is. 



If anyone has any suggestions on a book I should read I would
love to hear them :) 

4 comments:

Erin said...

Here are my faves: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (actually anything and everything by her), Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, anything by Marcia Lynn McClure, Karry Blaire has a series called The Heart Has Forever (I think). I love reading too, so if I come across a good book I'll let you know :)

Unknown said...

thanks for the ideas! I love my kindle! Tell your mother to come get a freakin facial!!! haha you've got to read "one day at a time" by danielle steel. I love it! Its a classic. Have you read the Hunger Games series?! They are my 2nd favorite series in the world! LOVE them. I also liked "Firelight" by sophie jordan. IT sounds weird but I ended up really enjoying.

JWPhillips said...

The two I would have to recommend is 'The Hunger Games' series, and it was by far one of my top favorite reads too. The second book is one I just finished called 'Like Dandelion Dust' by Karen Kingsbury. It is coming out, or could be out already on DVD but I would suggest reading the book. I've switched gears a little on my reading material as of late and now I am reading 'Defined By Christ' by Toni Sorenson. So far, it has been quite inspiring. I need to do a book review post too!

Courtney & Cameron said...

I love Rachel ann Nunes!!!!! Your so lucky you have some time to read. I really miss it. Hopefully I can get back into it really soon. Love the tea party pics super cute!!!