Sunday, November 21, 2010

Having it Good

This post is going to be kind of mushy and that all that yucky stuff. I gave fair warning and so if you don't want to read it you do not have to. It is more for a personal thing, but you are more than welcome to continue to read if you would like. 


Over the weekend we went down to Richfield because Ty had a swim meet down there. I have a friend from college that lives there and Addi and I decided to make the journey down so I could see her. We get there Friday night and her husband was helping her dad skin a elk they had just killed and so we went to dinner without him. Her and her husband have been married 2 years now and from what I knew they were happy and all was going swell. We haven't seen them for over a year and last time we saw them things were going really well for them. This time was a little different...

We go to dinner with my friend and all she could do was rag on her husband and complain about how bad she didn't like Richfield, and how she didn't like her in-laws, and how her husband would do this that and the other. She doesn't have really alot of friends down there and so I got to hear all about it. She miserable, and just plain unhappy with how things are going in her life.

After we drop her back off at her house, Ty and I look at each other and say "WOW, she is one unhappy girl." I felt so bad for her. I couldn't get her off my mind. Ty and I started to discuss things about how they could change things and possibly be happier. We know that it takes 2 to make a marriage work, but it just seems like they don't want to change certain things. We hope that they can become happy soon!

Now this is the mushy part. 


I then look at Ty and said, "I'm so happy you and I have a good relationship". We both know we can talk to each other about ANYTHING and we can discuss our feelings about ANYTHING. We can be happy together and sad together. He is my best friend and I always love being around him. Isn't that what a marriage should be?

This sounds bad, but from this weekend I found that because of my friends not so great relationship with her husband; I realized I have a really great relationship with my husband. I truly am so so grateful for my great husband. I look at him and am amazed at how lucky I am to have him in my life. Marriage is hard sometimes, but looking back on the past 3 years I can say that I have never been unhappy or doubted my choice of marrying Ty.


Choose your love and love your choice.
I had this saying on my wedding invitation

5 comments:

4Battyz said...

Aww chels that is so sweet! I love it!.. I am sad about your friend but sometimes it just doesn't work for people and its sad :( but it does make you grateful the the best friend you have by your side through the good and bad times..

Kassi Luck said...

I am so glad you are happy!! I feel sorry for your friend, I have been in her shoes before and way unhappy, granted I didnt really have a choice but I am glad you were able to go on a little trip and visit her!!

Unknown said...

so sweet chels. ITs so true.

JWPhillips said...

"Choose your love, and love your choice." Enough said. Everyone has their ups and downs, but it truly does take two people to make a marriage work. Sometimes we quickly forget how great we have it, until we see other marriages. You are a wonderful wife/mother and Ty is an awesome husband/father, and you two deserve each other. Addi is blessed to have such great parents.

Journey of the Davies said...

So sad that there are so many people out there who are not happy with their marriage and so they give up and end things. Marriage takes work for it to last and be a good marriage. But putting in the hard work is well worth it to have a marriage last and to be happy with it. I am so glad you are happy with your marriage. I hear people at work always complaining about their husbands and I just think how lucky I am that I love my husband so much and don't have anything to complain about with him.