Habits are routines of behavior that are repeated regularly and tend to occur subconsciously, without one being conscious about them.
Once again I was reading The Sullengers blog. I like reading it because she gives me such a different outlook on being a mom and life in general. After I read it I usually end up crying just because my heart aches for her. I can't imagine ever loosing a child. One of her posts was about habits and how it takes time to stop doing them. She mentioned she now doesn't go to the other side of the car to get her daughter out, or she doesn't go in at night to check on her and give her a kiss.
This hit me right between the nose because I do these same habits. I never realized they were habits until I read her blog. When the word habit comes up you usually think of bad habits, but today I want to focus on the good habits. I just wanted to write down a few habits that I have.
Being a mom I think makes you have tons of subconscious habits. I don't even realize I am doing them. Things like making sure Addi's lunch or dinner is served first, or I have her dressed before I even think about myself. When I'm trying to think of things to make for dinner I always think "Will Addi eat this?" If she won't then I usually try to find something else. When she cries you automatically listen to the tone of the cry to see if it is serious or if it is just fake. When she calls for "mom" I always say "what?" even if I am not really paying attention to her. I plan my day around her nap schedule and what time she goes to bed. Whenever you have a decision to make you always think about how your baby is going to handle it then you think about yourself. I always tickle Addi in the same spot just to hear her cute little laugh. I know these are all things mom's do, but they are definitely good habits in my opinion.
With Ty I always ask him how his day went when he gets home. When we are in bed at night I always ask him what he plans for the next day are. We never go to bed without saying I love you to each other. Before he leaves anywhere he always gives me a kiss goodbye.
It is weird thinking about the things you do day in and day out. You never realize that you are actually forming habits. I am definitely grateful for the little habits I have every day with my family.
2 comments:
Awww.. Chels i love this! It reminds you of the simple things that life and family is all about :)..
You could totally write a whole book on the inner workings of you life with your family. You never realize how interesting it is until you read it on someone else's blog! Thanks for the reminder Chels!
Post a Comment