Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

Sorry this is going to be kinda a long post. So our great weekend started on Friday the 8th, which was my 21st birthday. It was a really great day. That night we headed out to SLC because one of my roommates was getting married the next morning in the temple. We stayed at Little America and didn't get there till about 9 that night. We went to the restaurant just there in the hotel because it has GREAT food. Well we were finishing our dinner and Ty looked up and saw President Monsen. It was such a neat experience to see the prophet. Words can't even express the feeling I felt as he walked by. The spirit was so strong and I knew he was a man of God. Then the next morning we were able to witness a sealing and that was such a spiritual experience too. I love my husband and I'm so glad we were married in the temple and that we can be a family forever. It made me really appreciate my family so much. Then later that night Ty and I went to the movie and saw 17 Again. It was such a cute show. Ty was really not wanting to see it because it was a Zac Efron movie.. (he's not a big fan), so he complained for a little bit. Then in the middle of show he leaned over to me and said, "This isn't so bad". Oh Ty... Then Sunday I had a great day spending time with my family and Ty's. I'm so grateful for my mom and everything she has done for me. She raised me so well. I hope that I can raise my family like she raised hers. Debbie is a great mother-in-law too. She loves her family so much. I also loving being a mom. It is such a neat experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just had a great weekend and couldn't have asked for anything more. I got this poem from a friend and it is exactly what a mom feels and is..

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child so
doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I
never got gloriously happy over a simple
grin. I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because I
didn't want to put them down.
I never felt my heart break into a million
pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could
affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so
much. I never knew I would love being a
Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel to
feed a hungry baby..
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could
make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the
night every 10 minutes to make sure all was
okay. I had never known the warmth,
the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I
didn't know I was capable of feeling so
much, before I was a Mom .




6 comments:

Ashley said...

I love, love, love your header picture! It's so beautiful!!! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time for your birthday! Happy Birthday and Happy Mothers Day!

Erin said...

I can't believe you saw President Monsen. I'm so jealous! The new pictures are super cute. I don't even now Addi but I want to kiss her little cheeks :)

Unknown said...

That is such a great post! you're such a great mommy!

Unknown said...

AW chels, that is so sweet! I love it. I love babies. and your pics are so cute. I can't believe you saw President Monsen! I'm jealous. and Happy Birthday! You're awesome!

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

that poem is so beautiful and almost perfect. something is missing though and can't be explained. i guess you only know it if you're a mommy huh? it's amazing

Devin and Elisa said...

Love the photos! Good choice on the camera! Thanks for sharing!