December is always full on every year. This year was no exception
I started off the first week of December with getting ready for Dragonsteel up in SLC. It is a HUGE convention for the author Brandon Sanderson. We were the official bookseller at this conference. We know it was going to be a big deal but I don't think any of us had a clue of what we were getting ourselves into. Over 10,000 people over 3 days. We sold lots and lots of books. We got to meet some really cool authors. Brandon Sanderson just in the background, Pierce Brown, and Matt Dinniman. I am really grateful to work with the women I do.
Lyndin had her church singing performance. I love that she still does singing. It is the cutest thing and she is good little singer.
Ever since we moved to Spanish Fork we have done Festival of Lights up at the golf course. This year was no different!
Parker was asked to apply for National Junior Honors Society and was chosen to join. He was inducted in December.
Before school broke for the Christmas break, I went to the school and helped with Lyndin's class building Gingerbread houses. It is fun to see them interact with their friends. Lyndin had fallen at recess and scrapped up her chin and had a lovely bandaid to sport.
Christmas morning was pretty quiet because we had gotten home from California at about 11:30 PM. We didn't even go downstairs until about 6:30. It was a really quiet day and we all could just relax and chill.
I really didn't take a lot of pictures that day because I wanted to be more in the moment than sitting behind my phone. We had a smaller Christmas with not so many presents since we had just gotten back from Disneyland. The kids don't seem to mind at all. They each got lego sets and did those that day. We also all got books (imagine that) and we spent time reading together. It really was a nice day to sit and reflect on what Christmas really means and spend it with family.
On the 26th we went up to nana and grandpa's to spend time with our entire Jensen side because we didn't see each other for Thanksgiving. We had yummy food, caught up on things, snuggled, and played games.
On New Years Eve we made a quick trip to Vernal to see Grandma Debbie, and Grandpa Larry. Here we are again with lovely sleeping pictures.
We went to visit Kelden. I gave him a ranch bottle to sit with him because he loved ranch on everything.
We got some good snuggles from Madi!
Grandpa doesn't recognize who we are anymore, but he knows that he knows us. It was cute to see him measure himself next to Addi. He has done this for years while she was growing. It is tender to see those little parts of him come out of this yucky disease.
He was having a really good day and was not in a hurry to get us to leave. We got some really good pictures with the kids with him. Right now he is dressing in about 5 shirts and at least 2 pairs of pants. We just let him because what is it really hurting? We do notice that about every 3-5 months he takes another notch in his decline. This disease is so gut wrenching hard. It is so hard to see him being a shell of the man that we know him to be. We do have to keep telling ourselves that he is safe and he is healthy. That is what our job is right now as his caregivers. It is also hard because I don't get out to Vernal as much as I want to. Bre takes on a lot of jobs of care giving and it is taxing on her too. Aging parents is a hard stage to watch.
Ended the year with 203 books!
2025 was good to us. We had some hard hards and some good goods. It is fun to see all the happenings we have done throughout the year. That is why I keep up with this blog is so that I can have a place for pictures and our memories.


































No comments:
Post a Comment