Wednesday, November 1, 2023

October

 Fall is here! 

I had a bunco party at the first of the month. They wanted us to dress up as witches. I dressed up as a Salem witch trail witch. I won the best costume! Ty knew how to tie a noose. I don't know if I should be worried or not that he knew how to tie one. 


We went to Logan for a volleyball tournament. Logan is such a beautiful area. The leaves were turning colors and the valley was so beautiful! 





Parker was nominated for student of the month. We were so surprised that he was chosen by his drama teacher. Parker didn't even think he would like drama. Now it is one of his favorite classes. I love that his teacher can see that he gives his all with whatever he does. He is such a hard worker and does not like to fail. It is so neat to see him try new things and decide that he likes new things too. 




Lyndin's weekend news that I read at parent teacher conference. "My family went to my sisters volleyball game" 



We had another author event for work. This time it was for a kids book and we held it at the library. Shawn and Mac were hilarious! It was so fun! 


School pictures came back! Emmy 3rd, Addi 9th, Parker 6th, Lyndin 1st. 





The high school JV team had a tournament here in Spanish Fork. They took second!!! 



We had bread bowls and soup with Nana and Grandpa. We got pumpkin looking bread bowls. 


After we had our soup, we went to find Barbieland. It was only 10 minutes away from Nana's house. It was so fun to see this neighborhood so decorated! 






Dad and I were able to go on a field trip with Lyndin to Texas Roadhouse and then to Cornbelly's. It was so much fun! 







More volleyball photos. 





Over fall break we all went to the BYU football game. This was the kids first time going to a football game at BYU. It was a lot of fun and BYU ended up winning! 









It was Pink night on the very last home game of the season. Addi played for grandma shelly because she beat breast cancer. 




For volleyball practice one day they had a halloween tournament. Addi's team was the Smurfs and Addi was papa Smurf. I'm glad they won best costume because it really was great! 



Pajama day at school! I love it went the kids are posted on social media because they aren't always pictures I can take because I'm not there. 



On Oct. 22 it was world wide testimony day of christ. We held it at our home. It was one of the most spiritual moments I have had in a long time. We told the youth that we'd like them to share at least one thing they wrote down. Each youth did! It was so neat to hear about everyones testimonies of christ. I hope to do something like this again. 


We were invited to go to haunted house in American Fork. It was at someone's home that our friends knew. It was free and we had really low expectations. It actually was one of the best haunted houses we had been too. Not too scary for the kids, but scary enough that we did get scared. 


We had a Halloween party at work after hours. Not many showed up, but it was so fun with those that did. I hope we do it again next year. 




This year for halloween we had Nanny McFee, Winnie Sanderson, a Jedi, and a cow. Addi had a state playoff game for volleyball on halloween. Thankfully we got home from Sandy by 6:45 and the kids were able to go out and get some candy. Sadly the team lost the playoff game, but Addi's spirits brightened by handing out candy to trick or treaters. 














No comments: